Please explain

joeb

One of my favorite shows of all time was (new World) in 89............... :laugh:

I have always been confused and disapointed by them watering the sixteenth note ride cymbal lick towords the end of the year......When I first saw the change it was like someone had stolen a peace of my heart.

Is there any one out there than can explain why they took that out? <**> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it was a cleanliness issue, thats crap

If its was a continuity (spelling?) issue, thats crap as well...

Any reason IMO is crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they should re-rack that bad boy, play the sixteenths and win that freeking show!!!!!!!!!!!!

####!!!!!!!!!!

joeB

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should have scrapped the cymbal ride altogether. Easily my least favorite moment of that show. I thought it was rather silly.

I'm with you on that one...that Neal Hefti'ish drum part behind one of my alltime favorite symphonic moments ever (the Largo) ruined that part of the show for me.

Mike

I may be in the minority, but I liked it.

Remember, this was during a time that you didn't take your battery tacit. They incorporated battery in a manner that was different, but still within the character of the piece (unlike SCV when they had the battery in Adagio for Strings).

I understand that some folks thought it was cheesy...I though it was cool.

I think they should have scrapped the cymbal ride altogether. Easily my least favorite moment of that show. I thought it was rather silly.

How come people don't come out and say this more?? I really disliked it. What an awesome show with a dumb thing in the middle... Every time I watch or hear that show I ignore the Largo.

Remember, this was during a time that you didn't take your battery tacit. They incorporated battery in a manner that was different, but still within the character of the piece (unlike SCV when they had the battery in Adagio for Strings).

That's true, in 1989 the battery-less ballad hadn't been invented yet. But if you have to have your battery play, do you have to have them play THAT? Antonin Dvorak meets Ringo Starr?

How come people don't come out and say this more?? I really disliked it. What an awesome show with a dumb thing in the middle... Every time I watch or hear that show I ignore the Largo.

That's true, in 1989 the battery-less ballad hadn't been invented yet. But if you have to have your battery play, do you have to have them play THAT? Antonin Dvorak meets Ringo Starr?

Well, +I+ liked it ...

What did you think of Glassmen '05?

HATED the largo in 89. So cheeeesy to me. Rest of the show on the other hand...