Phantom 2006

But when I think of disaster, I think more along the lines of the kids at Troopers that dont get to march.

Amen.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking forward to this show more than I have any show in the last few years. I think the concept is great and I'm definitely ready for a show this dark.

Ditto. Partly because of the music (we played Ave Maria during warm ups-- can't wait to hear it in a show...) and partly because they'll finally be back in Dallas this summer!

...I really liked Apasionada...Actually it was the final deciding factor in choosing which corps to audition for (granted, I had of course heard older recordings). But I don't think it was a disaster...and I don't know that any one came right out and said anywhere "Phantom will win in 2006 because of their kick-butt musical selection!" I'm personally just excited to hear it, I could care less if it places dead last (but then again I'm not a member), it'll still be great! Look at SCV this season...I'd listen to that before the several corps that scored better. Winning isn't a measure of how awesome a show is.

Go listen to the field pass for the honor corps (free for the holidays) and they talk to PRs brass arranger at the end who mentions a couple pieces in the show I don't see here.......I would post it here...it's a piano concerto by some guy whose name I can't prounounce along with the Mahler and Prokofiev and Ave Maria........

John Corigliano, who composed the score for The Red Violin. I have a feeling we're in for a really special treat this summer, of beautifully interwoven pieces. Can't wait!

Faust is giving me feelings a championship feeling. I could be wrong.

Hate to pea on everones parade here but, for the Regiment to win, they will have to considerably upgrade visual AND be so far ahead of everyone else out the gate that there just is no question as to thier superiority. However, this is not true of any other corps that has a legit shot. The others can gradually improve i.e. Cadets 2005, and be in the running. Not so for Regiment. I wish it weren't this way, but it is.

Rocketman - POWER

ampssuck

Edited by Rocketman

for the Regiment to win, they will have to considerably upgrade visual AND be so far ahead of everyone else out the gate that there just is no question as to thier superiority.

Why do you think Phantom needs to be ahead of everyone at the beginning? All anyone really needs is to be in the running and then get better as the season goes along.

I do agree that the visual package may have to be updated in order for them to take home a gold.

But they won in 96 with a less-than-jawdropping drill design (it was an extremely appropriate drill and very well-performed, but not exactly 'wowie') and a very good but conservative guard routine...they won by being strong in all captions and tops in brass and GE.