Snare Drummer

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the greatest snare line of all time? My vote 1980 Bridgemen

You do realize that the '80 Bridgemen were beaten in execution by the '80 Spirit line?? Bridgemen were awarded the drum caption trophy based on the percussion GE number.

Not that that is a sore spot for those guys anymore or anything.... LOL.

I'm not one to judge percussion (old horn guy) but figured I'd point that out before one of our old Spirit drummers felt like they should but didn't want to appear still bitter after all these years.

Truly two great lines :blink: (but I still thought Spirit deserved the trophy.... not that I"m biased or anything...) :angry:

Later, AA

I would also throw in Nat Barouch. Marched in that killer 80 Spirit snare line and went on to win DCI in 82 with the Blue Devils then became center snare with the 83 Blue Devils, winning the percussion caption as well as snare I&E.

That's 'cause Robbie aged out in '82. :P

Just messing with ya! B)

I'm surprised that no one has yet mentioned Danny Raymond Jr. One of the best I've ever seen; along with previously mentioned Rick Nardelli.

In their day, Eric Perrilloux and Bill Boerner, along with Bob Redican were among the very best, followed in time by Frank Arsenault, Mitch Markovich and Gary Pagnozzi, who Frank already mentioned. Just my humble opinion.

The I-men's snare line in the early to mid 60's were absolute drumming animals, but I don't know their names.

Ray

The guy from Star that had part of his I&E performance on the broadcast one year (somewhere between 89 and 91). He did all that over the finger and no-hands stuff. I think his last name was something like Viano. Anyway have no idea how hard those tricks are and how good he was, but being a pretty new fan and seeing that on the telecast i was like HOLY COW.