• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many come to mind.

Jim Russo drum major of the Caballeros and Cabs alumni corps

Jon Schipper from the Scouts

Drum Major from the Oakland Crusaders in 1975, 1976

Freelancers drum major in 1981, 1982, 1983

Greg Blum from the Colts in the late 70s and early 80s

Baritone soloist from Madison 1988 after his solo in Malaguenia, his smile on camera is priceless

Spirits guard in 1985, 1986

many more from the senior corps ranks for sure

I'd say Scott Dean is up there with them.

Phantom's male dancer from this year did an incredible job selling his character.

BD '97; my favorite part is when the guy in the overcoat flips up his collar after walking away.

Crown's 2000 guard; they sold it well in '99 too, but some parts were admittedly a bit laughable. :X (love the show though)

Magic 1994!!! The entire corps!!

Jerry Noonan, soprano soloist for North Star 77-80

That was my Rookie Year! George was not a drum major/conductor. He was called a "Marching Major". Ike Iannessa introduced (3) characters (British, Scotish and Irish) during different portions of the show. He introduced this in 72 and brought it back in 73. Since Kevin Flynn "graduated" from Marching Major to Baritone, George was brought in to fill the Scotish role!

They gave him a kilt and a mace and he created his own character! Kinda funny thinking about an Italian kid from Revere playing a Scot! There is a famous pic that has circulated over the years. It shows George at (I think DCI Prelims in Whitewater) looking very serious and like an angry Scotsman who's about to stomp you with his mace. What makes the picture hilarious is when you scroll down,..... there's a young,

I've lost count at how many times I've put this picture up, but it's worth another trip!

72zingali.jpg

Edited by LancerFi

88' Blue Devils Drum Major Nelson A. ( I dont know his Last name) > That guy could really get into his conducting. Same high Energy level of conducting when he was DM with San Jose State also. I believe he was DM in '87 also?