Individuals Who Possess Showmanship

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

88' Blue Devils Drum Major Nelson A. ( I dont know his Last name) > That guy could really get into his conducting. Same high Energy level of conducting when he was DM with San Jose State also. I believe he was DM in '87 also?

They had two DM's in '87. Hey, the other guy was a really good conductor, too! ^OO^

I'd go with the Blue Devils as a corps. I associate them with the kind of cleanliness and execution that the Cavies have, but man, they just have attitude when they perform. You just know they're gonna give everything they've got, just for the audience, THAT'S showmanship.

I'd go with the Blue Devils as a corps. I associate them with the kind of cleanliness and execution that the Cavies have, but man, they just have attitude when they perform. You just know they're gonna give everything they've got, just for the audience, THAT'S showmanship.

#### ####### straight!!!

I've found it a shame that DCI discourages individual showmanship relative to DCA, but former SW drum major Lauren McCawley had charisma in a DCI sort of way.

In DCA, former Hurricaines major Jaime Cutrone and, of course, the entire Renegades corps are both showpeople and ensemble performers.

Glassmen Mello Soloist '01 and '02

BD Snare player who opened and ended the show in '03

Cadets center snare player with the long solo during the drum feature in 2000

Almost any of the BD screamers

Crossmen screamers in '04

Edited by Carl306

Beat me to it!!!!

Let not forget:

Jim Brady

Rupel Perkins(North Star DM the same time frame that Jerry was wailing away.)

...and the most obvious of all

George Parks!!!!!!!

Jerry Noonan, soprano soloist for North Star 77-80

:worthy::wub::wub: I'm with you all the way on this. If I had to choose only one corps that reeks of showmanship, no question in my mind, the BLUE DEVILS! They always make me feel like they're focused on and actually performing just for the audience. Their shows have CHARISMA!! If I was asked what I believe would improve some corps' shows (not that I ever would be), I would say "increase your showmanship. In my opinion, Blue Devils (and some others) have figured it out and really know how to reach the crowd and entertain with it. It seems to be working for them, doesn't it? B)

Edited by HISop