Individuals Who Possess Showmanship

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm adding the guard, no, the whole Kingsmen corps. :worthy:

About the guard, not only were they one, but you couldn't see their feet when they were marking time....no small feat!! :wub:

Wow that was a good one I think!

If you are going Sr. corps route, nobody, but nobody had more showmanship than the man that they invented the "Showmanship of the Year" for than..........

My best friend, Sandy McNeill. :worthy:

Heck, who else could steal the crowd away from Screamin' Curt Hawkins than Sandy. When he picked up that old french horn at the end of the '86 show and wailed away with Curt and Ron, amazing.

If you are going Sr. corps route..........

I know, this is Jr forum, but Jimmy Russo from Hawthorne Cabelleros was a THE showman on the podium.

Also, back in the early to mid 70's in the Kilties, there was a kid from Racine named Wally "Boom Boom" Shilg. (You can still find him on the field in DCA with Kilties. If you have the DCA Prelims DVDs from 05, you know EXACTLY who I'm talking about after the percussion feature... :P )

Best

CJT

Greg "Harpo" Blum -- in a sometimes 35th, sometimes 24th (and always in between) corps, he made people stand up and scream every night. . . rabidly. His performances as soprano soloist in the 1980 - 1982 Colts are legendary. Souvie stands used to close down as people would come running to the stadium to hear him play.

Dave Lang -- baritone soloist with the Colts from 1980 - 1985. By the time this guy finished marching (at age 19), he was the first Jim Ott winner, and had won his first baritone individuals championship at age 16. His final two years ('84 and '85), he had the same thing happen to him -- people running to the stadium to check out his performance!

Jolene O'Toole (Miller) -- better known to the old folks as "Trigger". She was the most impressive sight to behold, with her cowboy hat and guns, as she commanded the Colt . 45 colorguard in both the summer and winter. Anyone who ever saw her would never forget.

Emily Neuendorf -- DM for Colts from 1997 - 1999. This young lady is most famous for her emotional overload at the end of the Colts 1999 finals performance. But more than that, she wore her heart on her sleeve every night for her entire drum corps career (1992 - 1999). You've all probably caught a glimpse of that '99 show. . . but to see her in action every day. . . wow!

Just some favorite performers I've had the opportunity to marvel at in my own experiences.

best,

Chuck Naffier

Pepe Notaro. (Everyone)

George Parks. (Bucs)

Dave Lang. Colts)

Daniel Veerhusen. (Madison)

Dan Moore. (Knights)

Allan "Goober" Chesnovitz. (Saints, Garfield)

Pat Petrillo. (Saints, Garfield, Bridgemen)

Scotty Poulson. (Kilts)

Duffy Silk. (27)

Mike Zapanta. (SCV)

Bob Bollman. (Xmen, BD)

Robert Morrison. (Xmen)

Paula Williams. (Spirit)

Jim Latimer. (Madison)

Me. (Knights) (I say this only because two DCW artricles and a Letter to the Editor said it for me)

So many people in The Cadets 2000

Hey Chuck! I have that moment preserved - when Emily aged out.

http://www.homestead.com/1999dci_parttwo/F...Highlights.html

I also have a lot of links to pics from shows in 1999.

http://1999DCI_PartTwo.homestead.com/

It was a very emotional year.

MAV

Pepe Notaro. (Everyone)

George Parks. (Bucs)

Dave Lang. Colts)

Daniel Veerhusen. (Madison)

Dan Moore. (Knights)

Allan "Goober" Chesnovitz. (Saints, Garfield)

Pat Petrillo. (Saints, Garfield, Bridgemen)

Scotty Poulson. (Kilts)

Duffy Silk. (27)

Mike Zapanta. (SCV)

Bob Bollman. (Xmen, BD)

Robert Morrison. (Xmen)

Paula Williams. (Spirit)

Jim Latimer. (Madison)

Me. (Knights) (I say this only because two DCW artricles and a Letter to the Editor said it for me)

Yes to all of these, well okay not sure about the last one, but the rest are great!!!!!!!!