Cadets 2006

I am fortunate enough to live 20 minutes away from the winter camp location for the Cadets. I attended camp this past weekend and got my first look at the 2006 edition of the Cadets. The talent level of this corps is astonishing! My initial impressions of 2006 Cadets: trumpet section=WOW, will turn some heads! mellophone section=very powerful, really neat charts! entire brass section=very good sound for this time of the year! percussion section=Oh my God, they will contend for the title again! music=very cool, very complex, lots of notes! It is very early and alot could change, for that reason I'm not going to predict how they will do this summer. With that being said, I have attended Cadets camps for over 4 years now and I have never seen them better at this time of the year. Should be another fun summer for Cadets fans in 2006. Hope this post didn't offend anyone, just wanted to share some news with Cadet fans (I know you're out there).

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too attended camp this past weekend and in a word; WOW!!! In agreement with the original poster, the talent level is the best I can ever remember seeing. They are so disciplined. The horn line is extremely powerful and the durm line is utterly amazing. Life is good....

Deb

:)

a hint from hop's blog?

12:38 pm - Quote from Alice

Alice: I simply must get through!

Doorknob: Sorry, you're much too big. Simply impassible.

Alice: You mean impossible?

Doorknob: No, impassible. Nothing's impossible

a hint from hop's blog?

12:38 pm - Quote from Alice

Alice: I simply must get through!

Doorknob: Sorry, you're much too big. Simply impassible.

Alice: You mean impossible?

Doorknob: No, impassible. Nothing's impossible

Haha, look what someone commented in that entry...

well, that portion of alice in wonderland is where she tries to get through the door...

so, I'm going out on a limb and saying The Cadets are bringing back the door again.

~>conner