Cadets 2006

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the fact that the title of the show has already been disclosed, it should come as no surprise that Alice in Wonderland may be the premise of the show. Regardless of the subject matter; I firmly believe that the Cadets will make it work and entertain us while doing so.

Check out The Cadets website...they are looking for baritone and snare players.

Doesn't anyone else find this strange? The defending champions can't fill their roster?

Doesn't anyone else find this strange? The defending champions can't fill their roster?

It always humors me how any news about the Cadets causes some to go off on a tangent. No one has said the Cadets can't fill their roster. They had 18 snare players this weekend. From what I was told, 9 of those 18 have a spot and they will have a need for one more exceptional player. The bass line is already set at five. The quad line will have six players, of which they had 15 talented players to pick from. The brass line had 70+ players and I don't how many of them were vets or rookies, but I do know they sounded pretty freaking awesome. Do this sound like they are having problems filling spots? Relax folks, to the dismay of some, the Cadets will field a great corps again in 2006.

It always humors me how any news about the Cadets causes some to go off on a tangent. No one has said the Cadets can't fill their roster. They had 18 snare players this weekend. From what I was told, 9 of those 18 have a spot and they will have a need for one more exceptional player. The bass line is already set at five. The quad line will have six players, of which they had 15 talented players to pick from. The brass line had 70+ players and I don't how many of them were vets or rookies, but I do know they sounded pretty freaking awesome. Do this sound like they are having problems filling spots? Relax folks, to the dismay of some, the Cadets will field a great corps again in 2006.

Exactly, just cause a corps comes out and says they have spots available, doesn't mean they can't fill them. It's just that they are picky with the final selection. All it is, is they haven't made their final decision. They could make a call right and say they are full. Personally, I would not want to have to make some of those decisions, cause someone gets to march there, but also, someone gets to go home.

Well yea, actually it does sound like they are having trouble filling spots. If they had 18 try out for 10 spots and they took 9. That would mean that their roster is not filled, for whatever reason. Maybe the talent was not there or whatever, but they have not filled their roster. And BTW the posting said "baritone and snare PLAYERS". It could be read as many snare players are needed. I have no doubt that the cadets will field a great corps this summer, but I have never noticed this type of posting from any of the top five-six corps. I just find it strange.

Don