What Dont we want to see this year

What I don't want to see this year in DCI...

Narrow-minded fans who who want drum corps to revert back to the dark ages of G bugles, no dancing in the guard, no grounded pit, predictable and "the same old" music, no amps, and basically no changes.

Down boy down. Just because we don't like amps doesn't mean we don't appreciate change or progress. Whew, you are bent out of shape.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a coomon theme for the pro amps crowd since all of their other arguments have been picked to pieces and shot to ####.

just because people hate one change, they must hate all. so blatantly incorrect.

kinda like mallet heights, balance issues, unstifled creativity, cost etc.

that's a coomon theme for the pro amps crowd since all of their other arguments have been picked to pieces and shot to ####.

just because people hate one change, they must hate all. so blatantly incorrect.

kinda like mallet heights, balance issues, unstifled creativity, cost etc.

but jeff, im not fighting for or against amps here... isnt balance a personal preference? take PR for example, their balance leans more towards the lower sounding instruments, whereas BDs sound tend to be higher... I feel that the cavaliers have one of the most equally balanced sounds. So if they want the pit louder, whats so wrong with that?

Cavies pit was hands down the loudest pit in DCI before amps. I could hear them clearly at the top of Buffalo's stadium in 2001, and they weren't beating the #### out of the equipment.

as has been stated a zillion times, when you try to add amplified sound to accoustic sound, the balance and blend just doesnt work. the type of systems needed are so ###### expensive, it would bankrupt corps to do it that way.

the bottom line is drum corps has always been, til 2004 about accoustically produced musical performance tied with the visual. so because we have added amps for the music, does this mean we can now add in video for the visual?

where does the line get drawn?? even kids who have used amps have spoken out against it, probably against their corps wishes.

listen to any BOA dvd...if we continue to amplify and narate, soon pre recorded effects and other such ######## will be added.

at what point do we bother having performers since it's slowly becoming all about the electronic toys?

Cavies pit was hands down the loudest pit in DCI before amps. I could hear them clearly at the top of Buffalo's stadium in 2001, and they weren't beating the #### out of the equipment.

how do you know they werent beating the #### out of the equipment if you were sitting all the way at the top of the stadium? :P

Yeah, that's very much logical. I guess I just made the association before really considering it; people had enough focus problems during that 12 count halt before the entrance without anyone yelling.

In that case, I know who it was then; a much more logical assumption, anyway. Thanks for clearing that up for me, heh. I probably would have kept assuming it was the staff for a while longer before anyone caused me to really think about it.

Haha no big deal...it's actually what I thought at first too, but then I got to thinking about it and realized who it was.

No need to call anyone out on here though. 05 is over, just don't want it again in 06!

Edited by corps_forever07

how do you know they werent beating the #### out of the equipment if you were sitting all the way at the top of the stadium? :P

i saw em 8 times that year........top and bottom.

at semis i went upstairs to see the drill. quarters and finals 13th row. in fact, my pic made the 02 yearbook from those low seats

I think it's really funny everyone is mad about the "GO HECTOR" in the flag feature. Even I was not dumb enough to scream it there, but oh well .. he gets a kick out of it everytime .. but I really would hate to be in the guard and wait for that moment just to hear it kinda, ruined. Ah well ... it's even funnier some people thought it was being said "GO VANGUARD!" Hehehe....

What I don't want to see this year in DCI...

Narrow-minded fans who who want drum corps to revert back to the dark ages of G bugles, no dancing in the guard, no grounded pit, predictable and "the same old" music, no amps, and basically no changes.

dude I totally agree with you on that. ever sence 2003 all of the use of amps and mics are just the future of drum corps. Now will it be like that forever no.

Thats just my 2 cents