What Dont we want to see this year

Cesario keeps reminding me of the two thieves of "The Emperor's New Clothes". One of these days these directors will really open thier eyes. Until then Cesario will keep pushing is bad designs..

Whatever. <**>

And the last time you had anything positve to say about DCI and corps today was? :sshh:

Hmm??

Have you ever met Cesario..talked to him? Listened to his explinations of his design ideas?? You blindly attack him yet I doubt that you have spoken two words to him.

Yet you pontificate that he is some sort of charlatan on DCP. <**>

Yep, Mikey gets paid GOOD $$ for his ideas..using his creatvity. :huh: How many DCP disciples can say this? :laugh:

Try to see if your designs would go over. :laugh:

Edited by tubamann

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cadets drumspeak was one of the highlights of 2005. The criticism here belies the fact that it got huge ovations from the stands. I listen to that section frequently and love it. And no small matter, when I play the CD for non-fans, they universally love the Cadets drumspeak. A couple who seemed otherwise indifferent to the rest of the recordings (not just Cadets) responded to the drumspeak section by exclaiming: "That I'd like to see!" (Amps were essential to this segment, of course.)

I enjoyed their drumspeak as well. Especially given the fact that they had already proven they can play the **** out of their drums before and after it. My comments about Viejo's show were more geared towards how the drumspeak fit better into their overall show concept in what I thought was a more effective way.

As for Mr. Burstall's comments, yeah, predictable as always. Blah blah blah...

#1. unclesamnoamps7mb.jpg

#2. Guard Uniforms that are reminesent of........

lunmpa%201.jpg

OR

9marthn.gif

#3. Show Concepts that resembol......

willy%20wonka%20p26.jpg

OR

9marthn.gif

:laugh::laugh::huh:

He shoots, he scores..... :laugh:

Elphaba

"Judges, are you watching?!"

No, they're wandering around the field aimlessly, twiddling their thumbs.

<**>

How do I get this job???

:P b**bs

What I don't want to see this year in DCI...

Narrow-minded fans who who want drum corps to revert back to the dark ages of G bugles, no dancing in the guard, no grounded pit, predictable and "the same old" music, no amps, and basically no changes.

I am with you on that people need to let theses new thing happen because it just going to make it better

2004 Crown is on my short list of favorite all-time shows...and I saw my first in 1964.

Never said I didn't enjoy Crown's show as a whole. I loved it, in fact. I was just stating that I personally enjoyed the unamplified voice of Boston's 2000 show more than I did Seasons of Love in Crown's show. I do apoligize if I came off a bit standoffish about the subject.

More hurricanes when I get home from Finals, only 3 days to move out to college and get situated again, temperatures over 80 degrees in the South B)