What Dont we want to see this year

OK my things I dont want to see in DCI this year :-

(1) "Yowza" .................... enough said on that

(2) Talking drumming language... sounds good but is it really drumcorps.... please take note George

(3) Using corps members to edit the use of amps...(check out the guy in the cadets 05 while they are talking drum language)

(4) Hmmmmmmm gonna get some flack over this NO AMPS ....

PS I love the Blue Devils to bits but the use of mics gets right up my ####

PPS just booked to go to Madison .............. woohoooooooooooo ( but nobody wants to come with me)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could have saved yourself some time and effort. Looks to me like your list could really be condensced to just one item. :rolleyes:

What I don't want to see this year is people complaining about so much stuff. I have wondered if there would be as much complaining about Cadets from last year if they placed 5th.

Intereseting fact about drum speak. Blue Devils/drum speak in 2003/DCI Champs. Cadets/drum speak in 2005/DCI Champs. Mission Viejo H.S./drum speak in 2001/WGI Champs.

Edited by dbg

What I don't want to see this year in DCI...

Narrow-minded fans who who want drum corps to revert back to the dark ages of G bugles, no dancing in the guard, no grounded pit, predictable and "the same old" music, no amps, and basically no changes.

:rolleyes::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

What I don't want to see this year is people complaining about some much stuff. I have wondered if there would be as much complaining about Cadets from last year if they placed 5th.

Intereseting fact about drum speak. Blue Devils/drum speak in 2003/DCI Champs. Cadets/drum speak in 2005/DCI Champs. Mission Viejo H.S./drum speak in 2001/WGI Champs.

Unfortunately, there are those who will complain about the Cadets as long as they exist, no matter what they do. I suppose they have the right to do that, although it does get old.

Narrow-minded fans who who want drum corps to revert back to the dark ages of G bugles, no dancing in the guard, no grounded pit, predictable and "the same old" music, no amps, and basically no changes.

AMEN! I like the way you think, well said!

I was with you until the amps. :P

(3) Using corps members to edit the use of amps...(check out the guy in the cadets 05 while they are talking drum language)

Didn't see this one, explaination please....

PS - amazing how one "No Amps" immediately brings up the Dark Ages and G rants.....