DCP-I V Season Discussion

The Kosmos corps have submitted their final caption changes for the season (and fair warning: 1 of them squeezed out a few extra hundredths in the process!)

Edited by Galen

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One last announcement from Fanfare:

Fanfare is pleased to welcome one last member to its ranks. The Star organization, run by Mitch S, brings another elite competitor into the Fanfare ranks as well as a promising new corps. Star of Jupiter was created in November in Eastern Florida. They had their first competitive season in June 2000 as a member of FDCI. Since then, they have achieved great success in both FDCI and VCL. Among their competitive highlights are:

* VCL XI Division I Champion

* 5-time VCL Division I Finalist; VCL X, VCL XI, VCLXIII, VCL XIV, VCL XV

* 7-time FDCI Division I Finalist; FDCI 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20

* 3-time FDCI Silver Medalist; FDCI 13, 19, 20

* 2002 FDCI 14 US Coast Guard Champion

In December of 2005, Star of Jupiter decided to seek out new competition and joined DCPI for season 5. Led by a strong and talented percussion section, SoJ has successfully transferred their competitive prowess to our league and has established themselves in the ranks of the contenders for this season's DCPI title.

The second Star corps, Star of Hawaii, began their life as a division 3 corps in DCPI-4. After a successful first season of competition, finishing 2nd in their division, SoH took DCPI-5 off. In the interim, the corps reorganized itself while continuing to operate the Honolulu HI event. In DCPI-6, Star of Hawaii will return to the field of competion as a division 2 corps, and looks forward to renewing its successes from its first season.

Says Mitch, "We are very excited about becoming a member of FANFARE. The Star Organization has built a tradition of excellence through the years. I cannot think of a better fit for our corps. I know we will represent this group well and bring in more ideas & innovations as we all strive to improve the FDC experience."

Find more about the Star organization here: http://www.freewebs.com/soj1/

For the first time since our first show, The Imperial Sound has pushed to fourth place, breaking a 90. Incredible news. I thought the season was done for Imperial Sound. We are working devilishly hard for first place. :)

We've cut back member's meals to Peanut Butter & Jelly only, and are having them fun for 45 minutes while playing the show! :sshh:

We want the crown bad, and we will get it! ^0^

:wall:

Roselle Park has been taking a little break to enjoy the Las Vegas area. We are in the middle of a very tough rehearsal today for tomorrow's competition. A lot of final changes have taken place and we are implementing them as we speak.

Unfortunately because of outside interference from members of the various communities, the corps has closed all rehearsals for the remainder of the season. The staff will warn any spectators to leave once and then we will have to call in the authorities. We have had some issues with noise distraction and a couple of cases of vandalism to our vehicles and equipment this season as well as people asking to use our bus restrooms in place of the port-o-potty that is normally at the parks or schools we rehearse at. This new policy is easier for all of us. Hopefully we can remove it next season.

For the first time since our first show, The Imperial Sound has pushed to fourth place, breaking a 90. Incredible news. I thought the season was done for Imperial Sound. We are working devilishly hard for first place. :)

We've cut back member's meals to Peanut Butter & Jelly only, and are having them fun for 45 minutes while playing the show! :sshh:

We want the crown bad, and we will get it! ^0^

:wall:

Hope you don't burn your members out :)

Congrats to Imperial Sound!

~>conner

Looking at the D1 rankings, Division 2 Overdrive would stand just 2 places out of finals right now. There's been some talk among fans that they might actually skip D2 finals to compete in Division 1 prelims...

Looking at the D1 rankings, Division 2 Overdrive would stand just 2 places out of finals right now. There's been some talk among fans that they might actually skip D2 finals to compete in Division 1 prelims...

There's been talk of a lot of things, but Bleu Knights are definitely right there with you, and we could be making an apperance in Division I prelims too! Some great things in store for this 2 season old corps.

Less than 2 weeks left in the season. The final push is on to Seattle, WA. ^OO^

Steve, when is that egg gonna hatch? :P