When I listen to the Cavaliers (2000-2005), it makes me very happy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be up for post of the month!!! :peek:

^OO^

This is by far one of the best posts I have ever read in this forum.

It was their 1995 show, The Planets, that got me into drum corps back in 1995 (along with Madison Scouts show that year). I haven't seen any of their shows from 1996-1999, but I LOVE Niagra Falls and Frameworks is also an incredible show. 007 was very entertaining and Spin Cycle wasn't that bad either! I can't wait for Machine this year!

Yes, even the 1997 Firebird year. :P

I love this show. I absolutely love it. It's my favorite Cavalier show and nothing comes close.

When I listen to Cavaliers I want to fall asleep. Their music is usually unmelodic and boring. I do love to watch Cavies because they are always a vision to behold.

Rut-Roh, great great post. I'm glad to see someone take a stand and say flat out that they love the Cavaliers' recent shows. Heh, you're very right that anytime the Cavaliers get brough up you can always count on someone to bring up how much they hate the music. Along with the Cadets, i think those are the only two corps that are always guaranteed to receive a negative response. Well, I'm with you, I love 'em, and I've loved their shows since I was introduced to drum corps in the 1999 season - not without some bias. Frameworks is sitll my very favorite show. ^OO^

Their music is usually unmelodic and boring.

Boring to you? Okay, I can understand that, even if I don't share that view.

Unmelodic? Sorry, you're clearly not listening.

EXCELLENT post rut-roh, it's nice to see someone point out the great things that have come from the Cavaliers....Great job! :peek:

Boring to you? Okay, I can understand that, even if I don't share that view.

Unmelodic? Sorry, you're clearly not listening.

I am listening, but I am not a musical expert. I liked their Bond show, but I do find most years their music is uninteresting. I still love the corps. My favorite corps has always been BD, but I have been frustrated with their musical style over the past few years. I wish they would be less choppy.