Blue Devils 1993

Back on topic, am I the only one who didn't really care for the oversized paintbrushes in BD '93?

You are not.

I didn't like the paint brushes either. But then again I didn't like the dice in '92 or the skulls in '91. At that tiime in my life, I was strictly a horn player and didn't "get" any of the guard elements or visual stuff. It's amazing how much more I enjoy shows now that I understand other aspects of the design. However, I still don't like the brushes! ^0^

I didn't like the paint brushes either. But then again I didn't like the dice in '92 or the skulls in '91. At that tiime in my life, I was strictly a horn player and didn't "get" any of the guard elements or visual stuff. It's amazing how much more I enjoy shows now that I understand other aspects of the design. However, I still don't like the brushes! ^0^

Were there skulls in '91? I don't remember seeing them; I thought it was just in '95.

The early 90s BD was, in my opinion, bad visually. :bleah: Great music, bad drill :bleah: .

'93 with a better and enhanced visual program would have placed higher as is the same with '91, those 2 years are in my top 3 of all time favoritie BD Shows Musically. Man the hornlines those years were Unreal. If '91 were done today with better visual and the hornline they had...WOW

Edited by Zeke

Were there skulls in '91? I don't remember seeing them; I thought it was just in '95.

Maybe it's '95 that I thinking of. That happens when you get old. The memory starts to fade. :bleah:

Yikes! I still have my paintbrush in storage somewhere. :sshh:

I was the soprano guy with the long hair (mullet) and scraggly goatee. Oh wait...we all looked like that back then. Uhhhh... Well, I was the opening soprano soloist (short guy), follow me on the vid from that point on I guess. there were a lot of us hornline pitsters that year.

Oh wow, I know who you are now. '95 was the very first finals I had on video tape and watched on an almost daily basis. If I remember correctly, you were the sop soloist on "No Heroes" that year (?). Almost 10 years after I recorded '95 on tape, I got '93 on DVD and was like, "Hey, that's the guy in BD that soloed in '95." Awesome.

Edited by BariALH