What are some SCARY clean moments

For me the cleanest visual moment I have ever seen has to be that rotating block that the Blue Devils opened their 97 show with.

In regards to musical cleanliness, I've always loved the exposed release near the end of 93 Phantom Regiment's "Fire of Eternal Glory".

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought of another one: Bridgemen 82. In "Shaft," there's an open snare roll that comes out of nowhere that may be the cleanest snare lick I've ever heard...and on old-school, big hardware, low-cranked Slingerlands, too.

Surprised that when talking "Cleanest" the 92 Star Line not talked of much. We did not have the same demand as our other 90's books but probably our cleanest line.

I'm going to have to say 2005 Cadets when the hornline was in the big hold in the closer right before the end of the show. that was quite possibly one of the cleanist sets I ever seen. the fact that they came from running into a PERFECT set blows my mind every time i see it. :tic: and not to mention many other moments in that show where no matter how hard i try i just can't find a person out of place. :lol::lol::bleah::huh::huh::tic::rock::huh::huh::rock:

A few that come to mind for me:

1996 Phantom Regiment - squeaky clean drill - especially the opener, and those horn line licks, just heaven.

1997 Blue Devils - maybe the cleanest ever? THE ENTIRE SHOW

2005 Crown Ballad

1996 Phantom Regiment - squeaky clean drill - especially the opener, and those horn line licks, just heaven.

This is my absolute favourite drum corps show, but the opener did have some visual dirt.. Now I dont imagine going from a random "peanut" blob into a solid triangle is the easiest thing to clean, but nevertheless it was dirty. Only a few of those diagonals are truly straight and the contra intervals are bad along the back.

reg96.jpg

That picture looks like it was taken from the side, and it appears that there is a contra hole, or at least a diagnol that doesn't have one. Regardless, I loved that effect, and think it is really cool.

I don't think anyone has mentioned the 2001 Blue Devils, but that was a CLEAN show - what a hornline. In fact, BD 94 had many moments where you just couldn't ask for anything more.