What are some SCARY clean moments

no mention of SCV' s drumline in '87?!! COME ON GUYS...this was SCARY clean.

Well, I wasn't thinking of the drumline of '87, but for a "moment" in '87 I would have to say that pretty ballad like transistion of Great Gates of Kiev (I think that's right) when they did those 2 expanding arcs out each side of the 50 yard line. I thought those arcs were so "scary" clean that it won the show for them....Ah well, what do I know. :laugh:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavaliers' rifle line, late 80's (especially 88, the year they did Firebird for the opener). Great stuff.

Well...I'm going out on a limb. VK 1988...the end of Malaguena where the two long rectangle type blocks come together and then the fast 3 section starts and the block unravels into two lines that come together for a company front. Well--maybe not the cleanest thing on the planet but for VK--that was SCARY ### CLEAN!! And a very underrated hornline that year...probably because their closer wasn't all that great.

Also--I may not be getting it but is "The Lick" for SCS in 1988 that wild ### thing in the closer that sounds like a 5/4 bar where they all break into 16 notes? If so...that's one of drum corps' HOLY CRAP moments. And the bass drums of course in 1985. SUPERB!!!

Edited by Ryan H. Turner

As long as we are on Drumlines, how about Cadets 87?

dropped stick and still a solid 20.0 in percussion perf. and a 10.0 in perc GE

Hornline was a bit shaky that year, but the visual and percussion were things of beauty

I also remember that Suncoast bass line. man they were unbelievable.

I also seem to recall there was a year where VK challenged for Hi Percussion.

anyone else remember that?

Ya know, Tommy, there was drum corps before the 90's and 00's... :P check out some Garfield Cadets in the 80's, (if you haven't I know you're a fan) you will be surprised...:)

Why must you constantly pick on me?

How about the opening block in 97 BD? You can see perfect diamonds created between the lines from the shadows cast by the members under the lights. That was scary clean if I ever saw it.

How about the opening block in 97 BD? You can see perfect diamonds created between the lines from the shadows cast by the members under the lights. That was scary clean if I ever saw it.

YES.

IM me if you want to see a short video from a finals week rehearsal this year featuring a few rotating diagonals that are SHOCKINGLY clean.

Would it make sense to suggest the BD '03 program from an individual visual standpoint? Amazing.

The BD hornline (16-tet section, at least) from the intro in 1998.

Glassmen's acapella section in the triangle from 1999!! Amazingly clean musically, such a blended sound; IMO the cleanest musical phrase ever performed, quite possibly.

Star's mello lines from the early 90's, as far as blend goes....impeccable. I especially like the licks from the closer in '92, but they can be found all throughout the Star shows.

The Madison sop quartet from the closer '01 was one of the cleanest performed sop features I've heard. Incredible, how great their intonation was while playing RIDICULOUSLY high.

Phantom continues to impress with their double tonguing features.

Sopranos in Phantom '96, in the beginning of the third song!! :laugh:

Cadets battery lining with their hornline in the ballad this past year. SOOO incredibly difficult from a music ensemble standpoint, and performed flawlessly. I saw the video from prelims, and it was a bit off....finals night, it was perfect.

(figured I'd give some musical suggestions)