• Suncoast Sound
    • Spirit of Atlanta
    • Star of Indiana
    • Other - I'll add a comment.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2000 Crown Colorguard was one of the best I've seen in a long time.

Rifle line was on fire !! Work and execution were out of this world.

~G~

amen to that Geoff! so was the sabre line in the opener - wow!

I watch that tape a lot! It sucked what happened to them in finals when they went on with the stadium being half-shadows and half-sun. You could tell they were losing stuff in the air.

Definitely one of my favs!

Voted for BD...Cadets had a close 2nd.

BEST EVER = Phantom 96!!!

I think Cadets 02 will be up there on my list too!

Thanks!

Sean

w/Stp:

27th if they were still around. Different style though from what's common today, I'd venture to say.

27th if they were still around. Different style though from what's common today, I'd venture to say.

I would also have to go with the 27th Lancers. Year in and year out, during the mid-70s to mid-80s, they had one of the most consistent and innovative guards in the activity. I believe they reached their peak around 1979-1980 when the quality of their work, its difficulty, creativity, and their execution were head and shoulders above anyone else. They set the standards by which all others were measured. No, they didn't do interpretive dance; no they didn't use props; and yes, their work may seem somewhat slow by today's standards, but I would challenge any of today's units to achieve the same kind of unison, the same kind of attention to detail, and the same level of overall execution that those girls pulled-off night after night.

Who remembers Cadets work in 93?

Ask me 8 years ago and I would be able to remember that guard work. Now a days I can't remember what happened yesterday.

The 93 Cadets guard was the guard that motivated me to send them a video and write a letter because I really wanted to audition. Unfortunately, I was 17 and my parents weren't fond of the idea of me living in NJ and them in CA.

I watch the DCI video of the Cadets that year every now and then. That was the only show I thought to myself...man the music was made for the guard!

At DCI this past weekend I bought my 2 year old son a t-shirt that says "Someday I'll be in the Cadets" My loyal SCV friends weren't too thrilled. <_<

SCValumniguard

(Reese's mom) :)