The Greatest Drum Corps Shows of All Time

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should point out that this list is not necessarily my favorite shows of all-time, but the ones I consider to be the most historicaly significant.

1. Star 93

2. Cadets 87

3. Cadets 83

4. Madison 95

5. BD 94

6. SCV 89

7. Madison 97

8. BD 97

9. Phantom 96

10. Cavies 95

My anti-vote?

Well, in a direct contradiction of the precursor to my list, I'm going to anti-vote Cavies 02. Certainly this is one of (if not the) most historically significant drum corps shows of all-time, but it's just never been something I could derive interest from. The show has never done anything for me, and as such I have a problem with listing it among the greatest drum corps shows of all-time.

I understand my opinion here is irrational and contradictory, but sometimes you have to listen to your gut instead of your mind.

Not to get off thread, but its interesting you went for historically significant shows and selectd 89SCV when that was the second year in a row they did the same show, and also, in mine, and alot of peoples opinions, the weaker of the two phantom of the opera shows.

Not digging at your choice, just found it interesting.

I do agree though with cadets 87, my fav show

Not to get off thread, but its interesting you went for historically significant shows and selectd 89SCV when that was the second year in a row they did the same show, and also, in mine, and alot of peoples opinions, the weaker of the two phantom of the opera shows.

Not digging at your choice, just found it interesting.

I do agree though with cadets 87, my fav show

Right, but if you asked the drum corps general public (I.e, people not always on DCP posting frequently) about SCV doing Phantom of the Opera, I think most people would tell you they did it in 89. Just look at which show got the most votes on the classic countdown.

Also, 89 was the year that SCV broke their bridesmaid's curse of four years.

I do understand your point, though. I'm still partial to 89.

Edited by TTitans909

You know, listing shows in order actually penalizes the shows at the bottom of the list. I might list a show as being one of the ten best drum corps shows of all time, but it still only gets one point. So now I'm torn between ranking my shows to reward the top choices, or just going with a random order, to ensure that my bottom choices get more points. Tough call...

I love seeing all the hype on Scouts '95, it was incredibly fun to march as well, so now you'll see my bias.

1 - Scouts '95

2 - Phantom '91

3 - Blue Devils '90 (favorite drum feature all-time)

4 - Scouts '97

5 - Crossmen '92

6 - Star '93

7 - SCV '89

8 - Phantom '89

9 - BD '95

10 - Cadets '89 (best bassline I've ever heard on a recording)

Anti-vote: SELF-CENSORED - I decided I'm too negative.

CHANGED MY TOP TEN too, if people are wondering why some of the votes may not work out if they are calculating on their own, but if the OP ever recalculates it will be right on now.

Edited by TopBass