The Greatest Drum Corps Shows of All Time

Conner, in order for your votes to count, you have to post 10 of them as the instructions say.

Thanks to everyone who is participating. I'll tally the votes tomorrow, or as soon as the majority of the regular posters here have voted.

should be interesting.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think that Phantom 03 deserves to be up there just as much for one person as any of those 80s and 70s show do for another. Let's be honest, there are just as many people who are not so fond of older era shows as there are people who don't care for modern shows. This is a topic about opinions. If most people who post here hold the opinion that it is one of the best, who can say it is not? Especially for a reason such as it being too recent. What does that have to do with it? Should all my favorite shows be ignored because they are all 99 and after?

1. Garfield - 1982

2. Blue Devils - 1976

3. Muchachos - 1975

4. Garfield - 1983

6. Blue Devils - 1986

7. Phantom Regiment - 1978

8. Phantom Regiment - 1989

9. Madison - 1988

10. Guardsmen - 1979

Edited by felixh

1. 2000 The Cadets

2. 1991 Star of Indiana

3. 2003 Phantom Regiment

4. 1989 Santa Clara Vanguard

5. 1996 Phantom Regiment

6. 2005 The Cadets

7. 1990 The Cadets

8. 2003 Blue Devils

9. 2000 Santa Clara Vanguard

10. 1999 Santa Clara Vanguard

Antivote - 1988 Madison Scouts

I like it, just not that much.

Edited by TommySopranoContra

must have missed that rule.

1. Phantom 96

2. Cavies 02

3. Maidson 97

4. Phantom 93

5. Cavies 03

6. Blue Devils 86

7. Madison 95

8. 27th Lancers 1980

9. SCV 2000

10. Bluecoats 05

(I'd also like to mention two shows that come close to making the list... Cavies 91, and Star 91.)

no anti-vote.

that was harder than it should have been.

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

Anti-vote: 1996 Phantom Regiment, this show has just never done anything for me...

May I offer you this defibrilator good sir?

See, I knew I'd upset someone, and I realize this is opinnion based. Guess I'll just shut up now. Though, I understand what you mean, most of my favorite shows are from the 90s.

(7 of my 10 from this decade... only 4 are champions)

No particular order:

Blue Devils 1997

Blue Devils 1999

Bluecoats 2005

Cadets 2001

Cavaliers 2002

Cavaliers 2003

Phantom Regiment 2003

Phantom Regiment 2005

Santa Clara Vanguard 2003

Star of Indiana 1991

Honorable Mention: Velvet Knights 1992

Anti-vote: Vanguard 1989... nothing against the Vanguard, but I'm just not a big Andrew Lloyd Webber fan.

This thread is a great idea. I think we should do one of these at least every year if not more often. It would be interesting to do one without anti-votes. These could easily prevent some very popular shows from making the list because certain people dislike shows because they are so popular. For instance, Cavliers 2002 could be on more than half of the voters lists (possibly getting more votes than any other show), but if all of the others put them as an anti-vote, they probaly won't even place in the top ten. The shows that will score high here are one that are both very popular and not unpopular. :worthy:

Edited by Tez

I'm gonna use my anti-vote.

1997 Blue Devils

I love love love the repretoire. Especially A Night In Tunisia, absolutely amazing. However I will say it has got to be the most bland and boring visual design that the Blue Devils has ever put out. That drill...??? what WAS that? It was a series of snakes and blocks going all over the field and at a lot of times didn't match with the music. Nothing notable, no climatic special moves or formations. It was just there. I've labeled it the most boring drill design I've ever seen.