The future of DCA?

I'm just curious what regions will be covered by DCA Circuits. DCA, East, South Central, West, South West?

What's up?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious what regions will be covered by DCA Circuits. DCA, East, South Central, West, South West?

What's up?

I don't have an answer to this question, but I do know that all three West Coast corps are thriving right now. We definitely need a few more to even think of having a circuit.

DCA Central at this time consists of Kilties, MBI, Chops, Govies. I dont recall if RA is a part of DCA-C or not.

Frontier is also a Charter member of DCA-Central

From my talks with RA folks, their interest is in supporting the drum corps community including DCAC, but their mission is different than being a competitive member corps of any association.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, or if that information has changed.

Create peace,

Brent

I hope we'll have a DCA Southwest region within a couple of years. (TX, OK, LA, NM)

Actually, depending on which definition you use, that would be the "Desert Southwest" (except replace Louisiana with Arizona. Louisana in considered in the "Southern US"). The "Southwest" would be Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, Arizona and California, (normally Southern California.)

I would love to get enough corps out here to have a "West Coast" circuit. We could have more show options then.

Edited by MiniSopGuy

I am just glad we are getting more regions so corps can be in the shows that are closest to them, regardless of what region name is used :)

I know having regions is a project for the future of DCA, will the competition still be fair with regions? This is def. a tricky subject. I loved the Renegades show this year, and they should've placed higher than what they did IMO. With regions would we see a corps from outside the Northeast win the DCA title? Also with regions, does Finals leave the Northeast at some time?