Crossmen post ballad clip.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounded like they were using a soprano sax for the first 25 seconds; when did woodwinds pass?

Time for some new speakers dude.

Syntax no like you do?

The clip sounds awesome. It seems like a lot of people on here didn't like Crossmen's show last year. I loved it, especially the ballad.

Your not alone.......I liked the Crossmen show a lot last season as well. This ballad sounds like it is going to be awesome......great chords.......

Triple Forte

QUOTE(Silver_King @ Jan 24 2006, 04:00 PM)

top12 here crossmen come.

That seems like a little brash prediction. They need to fix their visual program first - I think that's what hurt them a lot last year. That and programming issues (but the ballad sounds like a step in the right direction as far as that's concerned).

I think they will be moving in the right direction visually, now with a new caption head and new staff in place. After being at last camp, as an alumunus, I can say things have changed for the better. Have faith, the music and the visual stuff should be on the same level this summer.

on topic, this is a great ballad, just wait till you hear the rest.

I really liked that clip. Very pretty piece there. I think I like it more than anything they've done recently. Very cool! The Crossmen are well on their way to a great show.

That seems like a little brash prediction.

Not really. You can make an argument that on any given night, they could have made it into Finals last year and Colts and Spirit could have missed out. Or Colts could have made it in and Bones and Spirit could have missed out. Those three corps were all very close, even at the end. The Crossmen have enough people in place, and enough new blood who have a clue, that they are still very much a Finalist calliber corps. I see their recent miss as being very similar to what Madison, Bluecoats and Glassmen went through when they missed a year in the top 12. If anything, with the addition of a very good drillwriter like Bobby Jones, whose work last year with Reading I thought was wonderful, the Crossmen are far more likely to return to Finalists status than not. For sure, they are the kind of corps who you don't want to leave for dead.