Rochester Rhinos GM has a not favorable drum corps history

I think a 2 year proposal has merits. Does it mean it should be the underlying factor in every decision? no.

As far as 07, I haven't heard any rumors about bids, but if you think you know the place, submit a bid to DCA with your offer.

I have no issues travelling anywhere...i did NC last summer. But to sit here and yet again ##### about it and not have anything to put on paper and bring to the table is not constructive.

as for NC, their decision to finish construction killed them.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm going to say is, if you think you want to tangle with big business or politics... you're gonna lose big unless you have more cash than them. You're better off getting on their good side than prodding them and poking them.

<Deleting Highly PO'ed post - JimF>

Considering what happened last year, what would YOU suggest? And remember you have to "tangle" with groups like HERCO to get the event site.

At Hershey the show sponsor, DCA corps and DCI corps all took a hit in the wallet. Don Achinson was upset enough to testify against HERCO via phone. DCA was upset enough to pull Hershey off the possible sites for 2006 DCA. Were they wrong for not staying on HERCOs "good side"?

You call it proding and poking. I call it making sure people responsible for DC shows are warned to be very careful considering what has happened in the past.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

Moving right along......................how about those Buffalo Sabres?

Complain all you want, but nothing has happened so why dwell on this? If something negative happens, then you can say,"See, I told you so!" But until it happens lets move along...okay? Please?

Keith believe me, if anything happened to DC in Rochester I'd never say "I told you so". I'd be too upset at the loss.

Believe the intent of the original post was to alert people to the fact that a person deeply involved with the Hershy fiasco was moving to Rochesters new stadium.

My posts (except for the last one) was to get people to think of what might happen after 2006 DCA. As I posted on RAMD, Rochester in 2006 is not very different than Hershey around 1986. About that time Hershey didn't hold too many outdoor concerts but later scheduled more so they would become "The premier concert site in the Mid-State" (HERCOS words). I don't see any reason why the same couldn't happen at Rochester in the coming years with the result of pushing out smaller Stadium venues.

And this line in the article makes me think that the Pataek folks want to follows Hersheys example "We initially only planned on three concerts (annually), but with Matthew on board, I think we'll most likely do more," DuRoss said." Again the Destinys Child concert (well more $$$$ hosting Destinys Child) caused HERCO to break the verbal contract for the corps show.

And my last post.... I was highly PO'ed on the phrase "getting on their good side". Totally unrealistic with what happened at Hershey last year.

PS - Who cares about the NHL ^0^ Boo Rochester Americans.... Yeah Hershey Bears

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

Sure am glad you guys (most of you) aren't in charge of anything.

You all are great at back-seat driving and second-guessing.

DCA rocks!!

Gee THANKS!!!!

I'm glad I'm only in charge of getting my butt to practice and gigs too.

But here's a serious reason why I think warning people about possible problems is a good idea. Few years ago my wife starting having bad leg problems and the local doctor operated on her. To make a long story short the operation was useless and ended up making things worse. At least three people, when hearing about what my wife went thru said: "Yeah I heard he wasn't that good or behind the times. I also heard other people complain about him". Their reason for not saying anything to us before the operation was: "Well it wasn't my business" or "I didn't think you wanted to hear anything bad about your doctor".

The #### I didn't want to hear anything bad. We probably would have gone for a new doctor or second opinion if we had known. Or at least asked this clown a LOT of questions before he started cutting.

Also my attitude has a lot to do with my IT job. I have to figure out possible problems and solutions to those problems before they even occur. If I wait for a problem to crop up before I do anything I ain't doing my job very well. (And yeah, I this at home too..... ask the wife with the bum leg.)

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

While I am sorry to hear about your wife, I dont think that any of this applies to this situation.

What amazes me about this thread, is the main proponent of having the show in Rochester and NOT Winston Salem is now complaining about Rochester. Two thoughts come to mind:

1. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.... YOU MIGHT JUST GET IT. WS basically was dismissed because "the show planners did not have enough experience" to handle DCA Finals. Well, I hope you are all happy with the finals site now. You got exatcly what you wanted....... a crew that, based on your your statements and skills at procurring a legitimate contract, that has tons of experience with a DCA show.

2. Would any show site be good enough for your lofty standards? Would atm's or concession stands every ten feet be good enough? Or would you rather have waitresses take your order, and bring your snacks to you. This way you could start a thread about how slow or rude the waitress was to you. I mean whats next? Are you going to complain about your drive to the stadium, because the street signs were blue instead of green?

3. Any issue with the Hersey show, had more to do with not having a signed contract. I am sure this guy is under pressure to get higher grossing acts in his venues. A top pop group vs Drum corps......... the math seems simple to me. Then for you guys to come on here and whine that this guy so evil, while there was NEVER a signed contract in the first place...... seems pretty Busch league to me.

Here is an idea for all of you that pushed for Rochester for DCA Finals 2006 and beyond....... stop complaining. You got exactly what you wanted.

While I am sorry to hear about your wife, I dont think that any of this applies to this situation.

What amazes me about this thread, is the main proponent of having the show in Rochester and NOT Winston Salem is now complaining about Rochester. Two thoughts come to mind:

1. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.... YOU MIGHT JUST GET IT. WS basically was dismissed because "the show planners did not have enough experience" to handle DCA Finals. Well, I hope you are all happy with the finals site now. You got exatcly what you wanted....... a crew that, based on your your statements and skills at procurring a legitimate contract, that has tons of experience with a DCA show.

Actually WS had an issue with the field being ready. They're getting new turf or something. But dead on wrt "might get what you wish for".

2. Would any show site be good enough for your lofty standards? Would atm's or concession stands every ten feet be good enough? Or would you rather have waitresses take your order, and bring your snacks to you. This way you could start a thread about how slow or rude the waitress was to you. I mean whats next? Are you going to complain about your drive to the stadium, because the street signs were blue instead of green?

who you talkin about Willis? I like blue signs. Green blends with the trees.

3. Any issue with the Hersey show, had more to do with not having a signed contract. I am sure this guy is under pressure to get higher grossing acts in his venues. A top pop group vs Drum corps......... the math seems simple to me. Then for you guys to come on here and whine that this guy so evil, while there was NEVER a signed contract in the first place...... seems pretty Busch league to me.

Here is an idea for all of you that pushed for Rochester for DCA Finals 2006 and beyond....... stop complaining. You got exactly what you wanted.

True dat.

But even though the powers that be usually think of everything and have all the bases covered and have the i's dotted and have the t's crossed and all their *** in one sock and someone watching their six, every once in a while a new thought will come up here amongst the banter. Something about monkey's typing the declaration of independence.

I like blue signs.

Edited by gbugle