The Blue Devils

I would love to make this a poll, but there would be too many choices, so list and if you feel up to it, elaborate why.

What are your favorite two consecutive years of the Blue Devils ??

I had a tough time , so I listed my top five.

1. 1988 - 1989 I just revisited these shows last night and wow, I still cant believe how beautiful, powerful nad just plain fun these shows are...... 88 without a doubt is one of the best drum corps shows ever and 89 is so remembered for the wrong thing. If you love color, both isually, and aurally, kaleidoscopic, never ending, always evolving drill, top notch musicianship, and sweet, unabashed music..these shows are for you.

2. 1994 - 1995 again, two shows for the record books. Between these shows, these tow years, they only lost at one show....unfortunatley it was 95 nationals......sigh. I remember seeing them both years in Canton for DCI North and both times they were amazing. It seemed that just as the bar was set, BD came along and crashed through re-setting the standards. 95 is often mentione as one of the most difficult shows ever , full of intricacies, exposure, and demand. Both yeasrs feature awesome colorguards and great musical arrangements.

3. 1981 - 1982 The strength of 82 carries this duo into the top thre, I mean 81 aint too shabby, actually it was an awesome, title worthy show, stunning new guard uniforms, solid visuals, and a brassline on fire. 82 is just the benchmark for championship performances.

4. 1984 - 1985 "Bachanalia", and "Liferaft earth" are defientely types of songs we need more of. Dominating the music captions both years, the Blue Devils were as always in the title hunt. You want color ? inovation ?? check out the guard and their wings, an idea expnaded sinc their inception in 1982. the 84 High guard section pulls out all the stops utilizing some awesome equipment and displaying some real talent.

5. 1999 - 2000 the Blue Devils doing what they do best. Performance, performance, performance. 2000 is on so many fans favorites. I never expected that. Again, a top guard setting the tone for some unforgettable moments. And 1999, being pushed to the max by their bay area rivals, they set new standards with this show and the professionalism just oozed out of the corps.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely 1999-2000 for me

Hmmm... I'm going to have to say '03,'04 and '95,'96.

I'll give my top 3.

1. 1993-1994 (had a hard time deciding if it was going to be 93 with 94 or 95 with 94 but the 93 hornline did it for me)

2. 2003-2004 (my two favorite shows in this decade and on the list of my all time favorites now)

3. 1982-1983 (some sentimental value here for me)

Edited by torn8o