First and last show

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last show would've been DCI prelims in Birmingham on Aug. 15, 1980. Normally, my last show would've been Canadian Nationals a week later, but as I recall, either they did not have that competition in 1980, or we chose not to go.

Canadian Nationals were in Jonquiere, Quebec that year, which may have been why you didn't go. It's a long way from Toronto let alone Birmingham.

I was there with the Ambassadors. It was something to see a whole field of Canadian drum corps at retreat.

Canadian Nationals were in Jonquiere, Quebec that year, which may have been why you didn't go. It's a long way from Toronto let alone Birmingham.

True, but we did go to a contest they had there sometime during the regular season. I think that was in '78 or '79, though. And yeah, it was waaay up there. I'm amazed they were able to tour as they did. Money, or the lack thereof, was probably a pretty major factor in why we didn't go.

Glad you got to go! Who won? I would assume it was Offensive Lions/L'Offensive de Jonquiere. I don't see it listed on corpsreps.com.

and my last was the Canadian National Championships in North York, (Toronto) Ontario in August 1978 !!

I was there . . . and so were the TV cameras. In fact, my parents and I watched the telecast in our hotel room after the show. Wish I could snag a tape of that. I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but even with all the inquiring I've done, I've never been able to find one. :(

I was there . . . and so were the TV cameras. In fact, my parents and I watched the telecast in our hotel room after the show. Wish I could snag a tape of that. I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but even with all the inquiring I've done, I've never been able to find one. :(

Man, you've been searching for that for years. :(

Man, you've been searching for that for years. :(

I know. Isn't that awful? I figured that once Oakland's alumni group formed and began becoming more active, it would turn up, but if it has, I haven't heard anything about it. Oh, well.

Jr.Corps: First show: Evaluation show, probably in Santa Clara, CA (Drum and Drill Circuit), 1974 Rebel Kadets Drum and Bell Corps...even had an inspection prior to the show and got dinged for having my hair show from up under my shako! Last show: DCI Finals, Montreal, Canada, 1982 Blue Devils...ended my "career" on a very good note, (no pun intended!)

First show: Long Island NY , an ESC competition, but we were GSC - 1980

Last show: DCI Finals,Madison Wisconsin - 1987

~G~

Yo "G", with whom did you march in 1980?

First Show: NYS American Legion Championships, Rochester, Ny

Last Show: 1982 DCI Finals, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Edited by George82

Cavalier Cadets

1973 First performance - Polish Independence Day Parade down State Street Chicago. Lots of snapshots by the P's.

1973 First Show - Not sure but probably a small regional show around Chicago

1975 Last Show - Not sure but probably a small regional show around Chicago

Cavalier "A" Corps

1976 First Show - South Milwaukee

1979 Last Performance - DCI Finals, Birmingham AL

Edited by dc oldtimer