What were some of the funniest things to happen...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Year was 00 We The Connecticut Hurricanes were warming up for our morning RUN THRU and our Drum Major was in front of us as we cresendoed to our maximum Volume someone YELLED "INCOMING" before we knew it our drum major was covered in goose #### ... :lolhit: :worthy: NO LIE

Citations D&B - Burlington, MA

1985 Tour

Coming home from Madison, WI we stopped at a Mall outside Chicago, IL for a rest stop...we come back outside to leave and one of our buses are on fire....we had people in the parking lot throwing bottles of Coke to extinguish the fire! There were no fire extinguishers anywhere...finally the Fire Department shows up and we get to spend a few extra days in Illinois waiting for our bus to be fixed. Fortunately there was a Junior Drum Corps that offered their homes to us until we left.

It may not sound funny but...you would have to be there to experience it. ^0^

Year was 00 We The Connecticut Hurricanes were warming up for our morning RUN THRU and our Drum Major was in front of us as we cresendoed to our maximum Volume someone YELLED "INCOMING" before we knew it our drum major was covered in goose #### ... :lolhit: :blink: NO LIE

NOW THAT'S FUNNY...for everyone else of course...NOT the drum major !! :P :) :blink:

Anybody have any pictures of this ? B)

Edited by ODBC

I think it was 1986, we were in Montreal for the Canada swing of tour.

We were practicing at the RCMP training facility.

As we are practicing, a group of recruits come out (grown men mind you) to the baseball diamond with a bag of equipment.

They proceed to choose up sides then empty the equipment bag and start up a spirited game of......

Kickball.

Fist and last time in my life I have seen a group of grown men (Canadian Police recruits no less) playing kickball.

As we are practicing, a group of recruits come out (grown men mind you) to the baseball diamond with a bag of equipment.

They proceed to choose up sides then empty the equipment bag and start up a spirited game of......

Kickball.

Fist and last time in my life I have seen a group of grown men (Canadian Police recruits no less) playing kickball.

Oh ya, we play Kickball up here all the time !!!! B)

• 3 weeks later...
We were in Dallas in 87, and one of our contra players didn't like bugs. We were doing a run-through and from my side of the field, a helicopter-type sound came whizzing by... This HUMONGOUS beetle flies along and lands on this contra players shorts leg. We stop, we're at attention..... One contra leans over to this guy and points out the monster beetle crawling on him. ALL #### BROKE LOOSE!!! "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! Get it off me get it off ME!!!"

That "beetle" was most likely a cockroach - we grow them big here in Texas!

That "beetle" was most likely a cockroach - we grow them big here in Texas!

Well now, thats going to do a lot for you state tourism board, isn't it?? :sshh:

Kickball.

Come to the Mall in DC they have summer kick ball leagues here.

:rolleyes:

Well, Well, Well... Here's one for the record books.

1980 at a San Jose Raiders camp in Atwater CA. (a lovely town I might add(not)) We were just getting there late at night on friday night. All went normally, we were fed something and it was lights out. Rocco Oliverio happened into the mens locker room (Atwater High School) and walked in on a shocking discovery. There was one of our rookie bass drummers who will go nameless, sitting on the bench between a row of lockers... shall we say... gratifying himself. Rocco ran out of the locker room ashamed for this poor soul. He didn't exercise the best of discression as he discussed this situation with members of the staff. They in turn discussed this situation with a few of the more senior members of the corps early the following morning. This information ran about the corps like wildfire... We all went about the day's rehearsal as usual and I think most people forgot about the issue until...

Late in the evening brass and guard ended their respective rehearsals and most went over to watch the drums. They were having a very hard time with a specific section of the show. This bass drummer was having a particularly hard time and Bob Kalcoughin (i'm sure I'm murdering his name) who was our drum instructor was yelling at him outwardly in front of everyone. What happens next prooves that Bob had not heard of the previous nights episode, as the poor young man was off by exactly one count. Bob yells at the top of his lungs... %$ (the drummers name) you are exactly ONE BEAT OFF!!! This of course sent the entire corps into hysterics. The young man ran off into the night with a few members of the staff chasing after him. We're not quite sure what happened afterward but we were told that his parents had to be called to come pick him up from camp due to his being so embarrassed. He promptly quit the corps and we never saw him again.

Pretty rough but definately a funny practice story!