Favorite Boston Crusaders DCI Finalist Show?

MikeN

Favorite Boston Finalist Show  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Boston's finalist shows was your favorite?

• 1999 - A Collection of Symphonic Dances
    • 2000 - Red
    • 2001 - Harmonium
    • 2002 - You Are My Star
    • 2003 - Bravo!
    • 2004 - The Composition of Color
    • 2005 - Ode to Joy

It amuses me how there's four pages worth on how Crown hasn't announced their show yet, while Boston doesn't plan on announcing theirs either. It sounds really good so far, but the contrast in hype is kind of funny. I don't mean that as a diss on Crown or anything (people tend to interpret what I say as such, but I really don't mean this negatively towards them or anything remotely similar), but did anyone else notice that?

I loved "Red" but voted for "Joy"

It was my second favorite show of the summer! :worthy:

I loved the colors and visual impact.

I loved the stylisticly correct ornamentation the soloist did no the Bach at the very beginning of the show, then the change to swing at the end.

This show just made me feel good and joyful!

2000! good overal G.E

despite a weak drumline! their drumline has improved over the last five years

but if it was fav boston show ever then I would have to got with 1990! they should of made the cut that year!! :worthy:

It amuses me how there's four pages worth on how Crown hasn't announced their show yet, while Boston doesn't plan on announcing theirs either. It sounds really good so far, but the contrast in hype is kind of funny. I don't mean that as a diss on Crown or anything (people tend to interpret what I say as such, but I really don't mean this negatively towards them or anything remotely similar), but did anyone else notice that?

Hmm? :worthy:

My top 5 Boston shows:

1967 - TOOK FIRST AT PRELIMS AT NATIONALS BUT CAME IN SECOND TO CAVIES AT FINALS

1977 - IN YOUR FACE, POWERFUL HORN LINE AND RAZOR SHARP GUARD

1979 - "25 AND STILL ALIVE" WAS THE MOTTO, REFERRING TO A 25 PIECE HORN LINE BLOWING AWAY MANY FULL SIZE LINES THAT YEAR

1983 - 51 MEMBERS IN THE ENTIRE CORPS THAT YEAR----AKA "BOSTON" ....ALUMNI TAUGHT AND FUNDED

1990 - FIRST FULL SIZE CORPS SINCE THE 70'S----IN 1OTH PLACE AT QUARTERS, 13TH AT SEMI'S

2000 - RED!!!!

For once I am with the majority, voting for 2000....though 2004 comes close.

Another all-time favorite BAC show that I saw in person was 1969, the "year of the bells" (except at VFW Nat's :worthy: )..."Pop Goes the Weasel" and "Unsquare Dance" percussion features ruined at Nats by their having to "lose the bells".

Yes, " THE YEAR OF THE BELLS" 1969 WAS GREAT

Also, 1977 Boston took top visual GE at the A.L. National

by almost two points and tied for second in visual

demand & technique at the DCI Pre.

My top 5 Boston shows:

1990 - FIRST FULL SIZE CORPS SINCE THE 70'S----IN 1OTH PLACE AT QUARTERS, 13TH AT SEMI'S

2000 - RED!!!!

Actually they were 15th in quarters and Semis.

They were 1st in prelims, which had all non finalist corps from the year before, beating Spirit, Dutch Boy, and Blue Knights who finished 11,12, & 13th that season.

My top 5 Boston shows:

1967 - TOOK FIRST AT PRELIMS AT NATIONALS BUT CAME IN SECOND TO CAVIES AT FINALS

1977 - IN YOUR FACE, POWERFUL HORN LINE AND RAZOR SHARP GUARD

1979 - "25 AND STILL ALIVE" WAS THE MOTTO, REFERRING TO A 25 PIECE HORN LINE BLOWING AWAY MANY FULL SIZE LINES THAT YEAR

1983 - 51 MEMBERS IN THE ENTIRE CORPS THAT YEAR----AKA "BOSTON" ....ALUMNI TAUGHT AND FUNDED

2000 - RED!!!!

GREAT PICKS

In 1967, Boston did beat the cavies two nights later after their lost at Fenway Park at the

CYO Nationals by almost four points and a week later at the North American Championship

as well as The Shriner International Championship.

Boston beat the cavies rather convincingly four out five times by almost four points each time

and would have won the A.L. Nationals if the cavies penalty was not dropped

It is correct that Howard Weinstein deserves HUGE credit for the corps' recent ascendency, particularly in terms of programming and staffing. I would add that great credit should also be paid to the likes of Tony Smith, Mike Woodall, Jim Cronin (the actual corps director in '99) and Dan and Melissa Greer, just to mention a few. These folks, aside from all being alumni of the corps, did wonders in order to hold the corps together throughout the 80's and 90's...during a time when the corps wasn't as high profile as it is today. Some of these folks continue this work to this day.

One poster said it was "as simple as that".....there was nothing simple about this corps 66 year survival.

Howard had done great things for the corps, and he would probably be the first one to say that nothing happens in a vacuum.

Here's to a great 2006 season by the BAC!