Voice Coach Needed for Cadets

Byron

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

b**bs :worthy: Exactly.. Not getting into anti amps/vocals thing and everything, but wouldn't that be considered..."cheating"? Just asking... :wall::wall:

Are they gonna start adding vocals in with the rest of the GE sheets or judging sheets?

This is getting really crazy..

Edited by Lancerlady

Why is it cheating to get the most out of every performance? I seem to recall that one of the most common complaints (though not necessarily an accurate one) about amplified voices has been the voices used weren't sufficently professional. So now a corps tries to make the voices more professional and that's a sin too? Sheesh.

HH

I didn't say it was, go back and read, I asked if it would be considered cheating...I'm in a discussion forum right? :worthy:

And I want to know is it going to be added in with the rest of the performance on the GE sheets..

I personally thinks it's ridiculous to even go this far..but that's just me..and it doesn't have a #### thing to do with me being old school or whatever label some of you like to call folks..its just my opinion...You don't have to agree with me but you don't have to go off on me for having it either.

Edited by Lancerlady

I didn't say it was, go back and read, I asked if it would be considered cheating...I'm in a discussion forum right? :worthy:

And I want to know is it going to be added in with the rest of the performance on the GE sheets..

I personally thinks it's ridiculous to even go this far..but that's just me..and it doesn't have a #### thing to do with me being old school or whatever label some of you like to call folks..its just my opinion...You don't have to agree with me but you don't have to go off on me for having it either.

Cheating? If hiring a voice coach is cheating then having a brass staff must be too.

As for the judging, I'm pretty sure that the Cadets drumspeak this year was considered by the GE judges (and percussion judges at times), so I have no reason to think that a vocalist won't be.

I would even bet that if vocal solos become the norm that it'll be included on the brass sheets eventually.

b**bs :worthy: Exactly.. Not getting into anti amps/vocals thing and everything, but wouldn't that be considered..."cheating"? Just asking... :wall::wall:

Are they gonna start adding vocals in with the rest of the GE sheets or judging sheets?

This is getting really crazy..

No more cheating than having a brass staff.