DCA Schedule

i'd fully expect that, and while i love the usual suspects at Albright stadium, it'd be nice to see some corps who I don't ever remember being there, or in some cases, haven't been there in over 10 years

Big Sounds in Motion will take place again this year at Exeter Township High School. Saturday, August 26th. Should be a great contest!

www.bigsoundsinmotion.com

Edited by TomMoore

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up until a few years ago...either Reading or especially Carlisle was always a late season show. When I was playing with Empire it seemed we traveled to PA almost EVERY weekend circa 1990 or so. And the battles were intense between Empire, WS, SCA, CRU and Bucs...those 4 corps could end up flip flopped almost every week, and the top 4 spots within a point or so. We called it DCA west!

Donny

Ah, yes, DCA West! Eventually, Steel and Westshore disappeared, Brigs and Grennies joined the group, and Bucs stopped hanging out with us. Then, the placements became all too predictable.

I remember a rumor way-back-when that DCI wanted to start a senior circuit, and the heart of that circuit was to have been those corps DA mentioned plus MBI. I guess it seemed plausible, especially since at that time only one of those corps (Bucs) had even won DCA and all were disgruntled with the "Jersey bias" that DCA SEEMED to have. But if every such rumor came true, life would be quite strange indeed.

I also seem to remember that Reading was an all-exhibition show the day before DCA Championships, when Prelims and Finals were all on Sunday. (And had Allentown been dry for '87, 34 performances would have occurred on the stadium grass that day.) Many corps thought that if they sucked at Reading's show, that meant they left their ticks there, and they would definitely not suck at DCA. Of course, I'd be willing to bet that never worked out that way.

Up until a few years ago...either Reading or especially Carlisle was always a late season show. <snip>

Donny

that would have to be Carlisle because Reading's always been in early July since i started marching (1991).

Kingston NY on Aug 12????? What's up with a show happening on the same day as DCI finals??? Is that normal? Last season we had a show that weekend, but it was right around the corner from the DCI stadium and happened on Sunday, the day after DCI finals. This is very distressing news for me. I bought my tickets for DCI finals while I was in Foxboro last summer. Money cannot buy better tickets! It just seems to me that there should not be a performance obligation for us that forces us to miss the biggest drum corps event of the year. I'm willing to bet there are lots of people that march DCA that have kids marching in DCI. I certainly know lots of kids that I was planning on cheering on from the stands.

What are your thoughts and feelings about this?

Here is what some people do. Go out for Semi's and Prelims and come back right after and do the show on saturday. I went to finals in 02 my first year with Cabs and MY OWN PERSONAL guilt I felt not being there totally dulled the enjoyment of DCI finals. I should have just flown home the night before the trip would have been alot more enjoyable and a better memory. This year if I do go you know for sure I will be on a red eye home. (most Likely Not going)

Perhaps an August date or two as well.

Fran

Ever been to the South Fran? The hospitality is GREAT! The people are THE GREATEST!!

I'm fully qualified to make these statements, being born and raised in the South... um South Jersey that is (Exit 82 for the inevitable jokes that will follow). b**bs So anyway, August 5th, 2006, Rockmart, Georgia. We'd love to have you and the missus down for the show.

...his shirts would not be allowed in Georgia.

One name- Goody. Fran's shirts are allowed as long as he gets a Customs stamp. One other thing, I think your signature needs a little update! :)

that would have to be Carlisle because Reading's always been in early July since i started marching (1991).

Reading always had a preview show the night before finals in Hershey or Allentown,.............late 70's, early 80's my friend...........I remember buying bottles of beer in the ballpark............they delivered them right to your seat just like in baseball................we always used to sneak a few beers into finals back when it was dry,.............you should have seen the suprised look on my face when the guys sold me a beer while seated, watching ths show,............I couldn't beleive it,................

The CLAP show...in Reading when prelims and finals were the same day on Sunday.

my guess is you will see a completely different corps line up than usual.

The 2006 Big Sounds in Motion, Reading, Pa. show is shaping up to be a very competitive show. Reading will be hosting some corps never before seen and some whose return has long been awaited. Show line-ups are not to be released as yet, but suffice it to say it's a date you want to save on your calendar.

Amy Snook, Chairman

Big Sounds in Motion

www.bigsoundsinmotion.com