DCA Schedule

I understand the negative circumstances well, but it still makes me sad not to be able to see HERSHEY listed as a site on a drum corps schedule.

it kills me dude. I grew up there. ####, I just finally got over not having Carlisle any more about 5 years ago.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far on the DCA side for the missus and me, it's:=

Wildwood, NJ, June 17

Dover, NJ, July 1

Clifton, NJ, July 15

Manassas, VA, July 22

Rochester, NY, Labor Day weekend

Perhaps an August date or two as well.

Fran

Fran - I know you want to make it to the 2 Minnesota shows (St. Peter & Hastings - Same weekend) :)

This way, your missus and I can continue our conversation from the last meeting!

...hard to get lost on the PA turnpike. :P

ARNIE! Marce says Hi, and we look forward to seeing all yunz Picksburghers again this year.

HEY - anyone know who is sponsoring the show in Windber? IIRC, I think there hasn't been a drum corps presence or show in that area since the early 60s.

Just curious.

February 17 , 2006

Here are the cities and dates scheduled for the 2006 contest season. More details coming this Spring!

June 17 Wildwood, NJ

June 24 Windber, PA

July 1 Dover, NJ

July 1 Rochester, NY

July 15 Clifton, NJ

July 15 Orlando, FL

July 22 Lewisburg, PA

July 22 Manassas, VA

July 22 Milwaukee, WI

July 29 Endicott, NY

July 29 Houston, TX

August 5 Syracuse, NY

August 5 Waterbury, CT

August 5 Rockmart, GA

August 12 Kingston, NY

August 19 St. Peter, MN

August 19 Scranton, PA

August 19 Corning, NY

August 20 Hastings, MN

August 26 Reading, PA

August 26 West Haven, CT

Anyone know how to plot this on a map? :blink:

HEY - anyone know who is sponsoring the show in Windber? IIRC, I think there hasn't been a drum corps presence or show in that area since the early 60s.

Just curious.

John, I talked to the Band Director from Windber last year and he was interested in doing a Drum Corps show there. I got him in contact with the DCA powers that be and as you see on the schedule there is a show there. This is going to be Mon Valley's first show of the season. If your interested in seeing how we are doing check out the web page. www.MonValleyExpress.org Lots of cool pictures!

The Corps is doing quite well so far. We have more than doubled in size. We just need more Baritones and Color Guard.

I hope this will become Mon Valleys home show if we cant get something started here.

Edited by loujaue

Hey Jay - good to hear from you too!

Been watching the discussions around MVE - looking forward to seeing you guys climbing the ladder again this year.

The band director doesn't sound familiar to me - not one of the 'old guys'. but I am glad to see a show in the Johnstown area. Maybe if I am not committed to the Corpsvets that weekend we can come home and take it in.

"So ya think you can go to DCI's..." - Bobby Steinhilber, circa 1995

He said that to us after we had DCI weekend off, and the next weekend we were a bag of crap at rehearsal. It killed the momentum we had all summer up to that point, and it took us a while to get it back.

Hey, if your corps takes the weekend off, or the day off, then go right ahead. I'm just sayin that if you have a show, going to DCI's might not be in your best interest. Sorry if I came off snooty in my first post.

"So ya think you can go to DCI's..." - Bobby Steinhilber, circa 1995

He said that to us after we had DCI weekend off, and the next weekend we were a bag of crap at rehearsal. It killed the momentum we had all summer up to that point, and it took us a while to get it back.

Hey, if your corps takes the weekend off, or the day off, then go right ahead. I'm just sayin that if you have a show, going to DCI's might not be in your best interest. Sorry if I came off snooty in my first post.

It's all good! B)

I've heard different things from different people. I'm not sure if we're playing at that show or not. Time will tell. Good luck this season!