Most Intimidating Look

NICE!!! You don't see that anymore! I was half expecting to see that snare on the right-hand side with a high leg lift. What year was that taken?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, while I've always been a fan of Glassmen's persona and really like how they carry themselves, I really don't see warming up in full uniform as bad ### anymore. I just see it as hot, impractical, and uncomfortable. I guess I could see how others can interpret it as such, but I'm moreso sympathetic of them (unless they really are in favor of it, which I suppose is possible) than intimidated by it.

I agree with you in being sympathetic for having to warm up in full uniform... to me it really doesn't make sense, especially when it's ridiculously hot outside. It's more in reference to the way they carry themselves and how the second they get off the bus, they are in performance mode.

One person I would NOT want to cross would be the Troopers drum major with his massive hat and the sword at his side.

On and off the field I would have to say SCV. I know cuz some of the best moments I have ever had in DRUM CORPS was screwing around on the field during retreat and then catching heck for it from Moxley afterwards. B)

That's what caught me by surprise on my first retreat with BD. I couldn't BELIEVE it. I was such a hardass about retreat in Ambassadors.

..then there was the business of the extra-long BD horn line in that olympic retreat in a California show in 1984. We caught it from Mike that night too. :sshh:

Kingsmen

Black Knights

Troopers

Phantom, especially 81 and 82 with the Roman red capes.

Boston

SCV

Edited by shawn craig

I also agree with Belleville (that uniform is the best EVER!) and Anaheim (the intensity), and I would also add the Kilties from the 70's. They looked like bikers in kilts. They were always ready to take you on (on the field or off).

If you see thier all age corps, they still look tough.

I love that uniform.

NICE!!! You don't see that anymore! I was half expecting to see that snare on the right-hand side with a high leg lift. What year was that taken?

I believe it was '74....

By the way the dents in our horns were not from misuse, they were from crowd control! ^0^

See ya' at the Rose Bowl.

..then there was the business of the extra-long BD horn line in that olympic retreat in a California show in 1984...

And a tradition carried on by The Renegades. B)

Blue Devils Snare Line without a doubt