Choreography For The Pit

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pits are cool.

I liked what the Empire Statesmen had to offer in 2004. Excellent unison movement.

East Coast Jazz was scattered around the field with their pit in 2002.

Random question. Is reverb allowed if you play hits from the 70's.

Mom

1994 and 1995 SCV, and some early 80's SCV Pits. Ed Teleky has this whole "Universal Technique" program that utilizes exagerated but uniform body movements on the inital attacks and then on the releases. He brought that with him to SCV when he was writing the PIT book in 94 and 95.

Never a big fan of that style, though. I much prefer natural body movements and a technique program that has transfer value to other percussion instruments in other genres and pays more attention to a relaxed feel. But that's just my opinion.

1994 and 1995 SCV, and some early 80's SCV Pits. Ed Teleky has this whole "Universal Technique" program that utilizes exagerated but uniform body movements on the inital attacks and then on the releases. He brought that with him to SCV when he was writing the PIT book in 94 and 95.

Never a big fan of that style, though. I much prefer natural body movements and a technique program that has transfer value to other percussion instruments in other genres and pays more attention to a relaxed feel. But that's just my opinion.

Did the same at Renegades....... We weren't big fans either, but if done correct it shows good uniformity between the members of the "team" ie. listening/watching each other for dynamics cues, etc............ Our section leader has been playing in Teleky pits since her high school days in Pennsylvania..........

Edited by wolf1