Brace yourselves...

there..don't they? :sshh:

I am part of a growing number of people that are SICK and TIRED of those who come here only to slam the direction that DCI corps are taking, that constantly ##### about how it was better 20 years ago, and that take potshots at GH and others. <**>

GH has done more for this activity than just about anyone. He has given his heart and soul to Drumcorps. Love or hate the man himself, you have to respect his dedication to the activity.

If you don't like it..then stay away! If the product is bad to you then don't torture yourself!! Then don't torture us with your constant #####ing.

Many of us wont miss you. You can lecture me on the loss of your $$..go ahead. I'll buy more shirts to make up the difference.

:wall::wall::ph34r::wall::worthy: :

Edited by Stream of Consciousness

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we still replying to trolls? All they do is copy and paste the same opinion in every post. The arguments have been had 100 times over. If we ignore them, they'll leave. If not, the thread eventually gets locked.

I would be very carefull who you call a troll. Is it just anyone that has an opinion different than yours ?? Anyone who finds what you like discerning ?? What ?? whats your definition ?

Arent you a trol because you dont sign your name ??

~G~

haven't seen one since 1991.

are you assuming that those keggers happen in every corps? just like the assumption that by not liking the Cadets product that person hates all DCI corps equally? :wall:

kinda shows you what making assumptions makes you eh?

OK..How's "Excessive public alcohol consumption by members that may or may not be draft beer, possibly from bottles or cans, but definitly a fermeted-grain hop-flavored alcoholic beverage "

The poster's words show that he is unhappy with the direction of the junior side of DC.

If that is the case fine. I am asking to be spared from his unhappy presence at the shows and spared from coming on here to hear about what soemthing that I love is bad.

There.

I don't think George Hopkins makes the Cadets shows about himself. If you have read his blog. He has given alot of creative control over to his Staff. In fact last years show concept was Mark Sylvesters. And, according to George Hopkins remarks on the DVD he(George ) contributed a little more than a few ideas to last years show. I learn more about each corps by going to their web sites and actually emailing the directors with my questions. You'll be surprised how many reply. They'er just regular people, just like us.

You would also be suprised how much an email or a response can actually be tooled to present itself with what exactly one wants to hear. Me ? I take decades of experience, chatting with the people in person and reality to drive my observations, clarifications, and deductions..but hey, thats just me.

so not liking the Cadets now translates to not liking all DCI level drum corps? :wall:
Don't bother L. E., The Borg is alive and well!! :P

OK..How's "Excessive public alcohol consumption by members that may or may not be draft beer, possibly from bottles or cans, but definitly a fermeted-grain hop-flavored alcoholic beverage "

really?

you've seen this excessive alcohol consumption out in the public by members? what shows?

OH I see the good old argument of if you don't like this, then YOU suck and you should all go to #### still applies here let the flame wars begin :sshh: ..

You guys are so funny and predictible. Those who sit back and wait like vultures to tear apart others who disagree are just as ridiculous.

I listened to it and kept an open mind...and I can say without hesitation...

Dr. Beat sounds good for his age. :P Rock On Doc.

Carry on with your tearing down of each others opinions.

Edited by Lancerlady

OH I see the good old argument of if you don't like this, then YOU suck and you should all go to #### still applies here let the flame wars begin :sshh: ..

You guys are so funny and predictible. Those who sit back and wait like vultures to tear apart others who disagree are just as ridiculous.

I listened to it and kept an open mind...and I can say without hesitation...

Dr. Beat sounds good for his age. :P Rock On Doc.

Carry on with your tearing down of each others opinions.

You know? Lancerlady and LancerFi have proven a hunch I've always had about myself. I was born in the wrong decade because I was meant to march with the 27th Lancers (along with a year of North Star and Guardsmen of course - AND Blue Devils. OK...before I get stoned - Freelancers also).

So I dont get it. If it sounds good and is "interesting" it automatically becomes awesome and worthy and the next best thing the activity has to offer ??? Its decent, non-offensive , and entertaining...but it isnt drum corps, no matter how many borg try to declare otherwise, how many bandos proclaim otherwise, and how many YEA donors sacrifice their integrity for announcing their appreciation for it.

It is no longer drum corps, but a morphing of an outdoor musical ensemble activity. To call it durm corps is to insult what came before it and what is becoming of it. Did I like it ?? I kinda did actually, does that mean I have to embrace it and look forward to it and the rest of the ideas like it cintinue to dilute durm corps and turn it into an activity that already exists or COULD co-exist with drum corps ?? no way.

There plenty of places to get your fix on whatever drives you. Drum corps is being destroyed with this "creative" (not) approach to change it on all levels. So we have a place for entertainment like thas, what about those that left or are leaving or are disgruntled and want simple competitive division one drum corps ?? No, that had to change for peoples visions, mostly heralded by one man from the Cadets.....Drum corps doesnt exisit for those that want it, they either have to adapt or get lost......sad.

~G~

Proud to be a troll in hornline divas eyes !! And NOT leaving to please tubamann !

The poster's words show that he is unhappy with the direction of the junior side of DC.

If that is the case fine. I am asking to be spared from his unhappy presence at the shows and spared from coming on here to hear about what soemthing that I love is bad.

There.

IF you were informed about DCA, you'd know that the circuit has moved on from the rough and tumble days, and you'd know that the "kegger" mentality is gone. Do we enjoy a beverage after a show? Absolutely. But sloshing drunk? Doesn't happen. Especially during a show.

If you were informed, you'd know DCA shows are becoming as demanding as DCI shows. Sure, the quality of DCI is better, but not like it was.

LASTLY, I didn't say I was slamming DCI, I was slamming Mr. Hopkins, and the direction he's trying to take DCI. I live for the "Vanguard" yell, will openly support PR and SCV, and, to a lesser extent, Cavies. And, I know Mr. Hopkins has done a lot for drum corps.

But, as soon as he said Drum Corps = Marching Band, he lost my support forever, past accomplishments notwithstanding.

SO, before you make blanket statements, maybe you should do a touch of research, and not the "well I heard this" type.

Have a pleasant day.