Hop's Ideas Re-examined...

Since your so into this, you should go to the website and read the story posted on yea.org. It's about fans and their reaction to the audio . Some are for some are against. I find that more entertaining actually... :ampssuck: I don't see why they want to know people's opinions now.. :ampssuck:

I'm sorry...I'm feeling sick today.. :ampssuck:

It's interesting to note that Hop says that entertainment should be the #1 priority for the top corps, yet so many defend the "member experience/education comes first" attitude when lack of emphasis on entertainment is discussed.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoppy said this:

Drum Corps = Marching Band.

'nuff said. How anyone can take his propsoals seriously after that statement is beyond me.

You have to remember, no matter how much that seems true today, he said that as an attention grabber to show that people did not know the difference between drum corps and marching band. You have to take statements in context.

<**> <**> <**> Torn8o, what a waste of space all your posts about definitions have been. Dictionary.com defines words, but the person who used it clarified how the post was to be taken. Thank you for drawing out another argument about nothing. <**> <**> <**>

you can always hit the ignore button

So, when drum corps allows woodwinds, and the average "joe" off the street asks what's the difference between a drum corps and a marching band...what's the answer?

it is as the future was forseen. it was our destiny

So, when drum corps allows woodwinds, and the average "joe" off the street asks what's the difference between a drum corps and a marching band...what's the answer?

Gonna hope to cross that bridge when we get to it...hopefully never. :)

Gonna hope to cross that bridge when we get to it...hopefully never. :)

You know? The more I research, the more I tend to get the vibe that Mr. Hopkins is pretty much alone on the whole woodwind thing. At least within the major DCI big wigs. Unless I'm just being very fooled.

You know? The more I research, the more I tend to get the vibe that Mr. Hopkins is pretty much alone on the whole woodwind thing. At least within the major DCI big wigs. Unless I'm just being very fooled.

As I understand it...and I could very well be wrong...David Gibbs from BD is also for it, or at least open to it.