Hop's Ideas Re-examined...

Since your so into this, you should go to the website and read the story posted on yea.org. It's about fans and their reaction to the audio . Some are for some are against. I find that more entertaining actually...:ampssuck: I don't see why they want to know people's opinions now..:ampssuck:

I'm sorry...I'm feeling sick today..:ampssuck:

Yeah, I saw that.

This is a li'il different than just breaking it down to vocals or amps or saxes rule/suck like some of the other threads...this is more of an overall philosophy look-see.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I saw that.

This is a li'il different than just breaking it down to vocals or amps or saxes rule/suck like some of the other threads...this is more of an overall philosophy look-see.

I know, I'm just messing with you :ampssuck:

Nobody said it was, I was messing with Bawker...:)

Why? Why? Why? :wall: Is there something in the air today? Is it because it's March 1st?

Why are there so many topics about him and the Cadets today?

I think I'm going to be sick... ampssuck

I can't tell if we should blame trolls or the borg.

I remember reading it then. it still lines up with his vision. basically, he wants to make 6 corps the super corps...kinda like we have now...and the rest get a smaller piece of the pie.

then, he wants to use the generic buzzword of entertainment as justification to make any changes he sees fit, including taking a unique activity and morphing it into one that already exists and has nowhere near the fan devotion.

I remember reading it then. it still lines up with his vision. basically, he wants to make 6 corps the super corps...kinda like we have now...and the rest get a smaller piece of the pie.

then, he wants to use the generic buzzword of entertainment as justification to make any changes he sees fit, including taking a unique activity and morphing it into one that already exists and has nowhere near the fan devotion.

Basically your interpretation of his vision is wrong.

He does not want to "make " six super corps...and the rest get a smaller piece of the pie.

The corps that earned a top six spot from the previous year would be considered the super corps.

Corps from the top six would be packaged into shows with corps 7 thru whatever.

Making that show an "Event".

That more fans would want to go to.

Which means more money.

That also prevents what we have today.

Look at the June 17th show in Orlando,FL.

Kawanis Kavaliers, Teal Sound and Magic.

How many fans would travel to see that show?

Your last paragraph is just your opinion. nothing wrong with your opinion.

Edited by Sexyguardcap

Basically your interpretation of his vision is wrong.

He does not want to "make " six super corps...and the rest get a smaller piece of the pie.

The corps that earned a top six spot from the previous year would be considered the super corps.

Corps from the top six would be packaged into shows with corps 7 thru whatever.

Making that show an "Event".

That more fans would want to go to.

Which means more money.

That also prevents what we have today.

Look at the June 17th show in Orlando,FL.

Kawanis Kavaliers, Teal Sound and Magic.

How many fans would travel to see that show?

Your last paragraph is just your opinion. nothing wrong with your opinion.

How many corps want to make the trip to central Florida on June 17th? Shows aren't ready, its tremendously far out of the way (ESPECIALLY FOR THE TOP 6....A TOUR MAKING USAGE OF "SUPERCORPS" CERTAINLY DOESN'T ACCOUNT FOR GEOGRAPHICAL DISPARITY), and also, there are now three shows in Florida (as opposed to only Orlando). Different cities (Ft. Myers and Jacksonville) get to see corps they hadn't seen before...I'm sure they'd prefer that as opposed to the inability to see anything, because fewer shows (because of the "necessity" for big corps) decreases the ability to hold a show in a relatively obscure area.

I had a show in Ottawa, IL, in 2003. The three "big" corps there were Memphis Sound, Revolution, and Impulse. Regardless of the presence of a "supercorps," or even simply a higher-placing divison 2 corps, the fans at that small venue went CRAZY for the performances. You don't need a top 6 corps to have a successful or entertaining show venue, bring drum corps to fans that otherwise hadn't been exposed to it, or garner interest. Keep in mind as well, that if a top 6 corps is coming, concessions people/promoters/etc. need to put out more money for the show, and therefore, ticket prices would probably go up.