DCA Mid-America 2007

Basey,,

I speak from experience on this.

You are wasting your breath.No body cares how far you have to travel as long as its you that is having to travel.

If I could lend some advice it would be to concentrate on things that are in your control such as performance issues and build a strong corps so we can get some more votes on things that really count,,like where shows will be held.Until then we are just spinning mud off the tires.

In other words,,,Play the game :)

for all of your bluster, you forget three things..

1) Hurcs

2) Bush

3) Bucs

three of the NE corps you always say refuse to travel went to NC.

i wont disagree there may be some that do ##### and moan, but right you here you have the world champion, the 2nd/3rd place corps (give or take a penalty) and a finalist. all went to the show that was supposed to be the savior of DCA.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oy a metro. get something more economical :P

oy a metro. get something more economical :P

Jeff, I love this car. I get 42 mpg around town with it.When I bought the contras from Hanover I got 53mpg on the turnpike.I can fit 4 people with horns in it too! As long as they're skinny soprano players. :P

VW dude. far from puking....i can make it to Pittsburgh in under 3 :P

for all of your bluster, you forget three things..

1) Hurcs

2) Bush

3) Bucs

three of the NE corps you always say refuse to travel went to NC.

I never mentioned ANY corps from ANY region in my post.. :rock:

I forgot NOTHING!

then quit #####ing that no one travels except for non NE corps.

yes some did whine like spoiled children last year.

but 3 sucked it up and went.

then quit #####ing that no one travels except for non NE corps.

yes some did whine like spoiled children last year.

but 3 sucked it up and went.

I just see people having a discussion about the issue of participation.

No #####ing here.

BOT - in all fairness, I wouldn't expect any NE corps to travel that far until a show like that is more well established and 'viable'. Regardless of any perceptions, we have to remember that there is a business side to the activity.

But as has been said here before, having one more opportunity to compete on a common level is not at all a bad thing for any of the corps in proximity to a centralized show site, whether it is billed as a "supershow" or just your run of the mill local event.

I agree with most of what has been said in these posts. The only thing I would add is that while no-one specifically blames any NE corps for not wanting to travel to shows that they perceive as inviable, there seems to be an attitude amongst a lot of the people related to said corps that these shows aren't worth going to simply because they aren't in the NE.

(I know...run on sentence)

We all know that our shows are new and our parts of the country are relatively new to Drum Corps. At least have the decency to say "We aren't sure we can do it this year but maybe someday." instead of "Why should we spend money to go to a show we care nothing about and that nobody will go to."

Believe me we would rather perform closer to home because of money but the shows aren't here....yet. So in the mean time you won't hear us b####### (too much) about having to travel to shows. After all it's the competition that drives us all...isn't it?!