DCA Mid-America 2007

We would probably be interested in Louisville if invited. That's a close show for us given the other performance opportunities we get. I personally am ready to go anywhere anytime to play. That's why we do this. So, suck it up and get out there.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally am ready to go anywhere anytime to play. That's why we do this. So, suck it up and get out there.

That sums it up pretty good.

We would probably be interested in Louisville if invited. That's a close show for us given the other performance opportunities we get. I personally am ready to go anywhere anytime to play. That's why we do this. So, suck it up and get out there.

Same here! If done at the right time, this would be a great (close) show for us as well. Its only a 6 hour trip for us. Anything east would be mostly 7 to 12 hours for us. Scranton was 7 hours!

Edited by loujaue

Frontier is always planning on doing one out of state trip each year, and if Louisville was positioned right (esp if we could do a Sunday Nashville show), we could certainly swing it.

We couldn't do that trip for 1 show though, I've promised our membership about avoiding those if at all possible

It is interesting that traveling issues are mentioned for existing/established DCA Drum Corps (I.E. Northeast DCA Drum Corps). But, traveling issues for recently established DCA Drum Corps are not a concern (I.E. DCA Shows & DCA Championships). If more established DCA Corps feel this way then they better think twice about the long term effect on growing the activity across all regions. It may well cause a greater rift in the activity and possibly a competing circuit championship down the line. I hope this doesn't come to that but only time will tell.

if possible i would love to go to this show!

It is interesting that traveling issues are mentioned for existing/established DCA Drum Corps (I.E. Northeast DCA Drum Corps). But, traveling issues for recently established DCA Drum Corps are not a concern (I.E. DCA Shows & DCA Championships).

I never thought of it that way but you are right. :rock::rock::rock:

This has come up several times, in a couple different threads.

But in all seriousness, if there were to be a large Mid-America show in Louisville, KY in August 2007 :rock: , who would be interested?

Depending on the date and if we can work it out with our schedule I'd be glad for Austin Stars to make the trip.

It is interesting that traveling issues are mentioned for existing/established DCA Drum Corps (I.E. Northeast DCA Drum Corps). But, traveling issues for recently established DCA Drum Corps are not a concern (I.E. DCA Shows & DCA Championships). If more established DCA Corps feel this way then they better think twice about the long term effect on growing the activity across all regions. It may well cause a greater rift in the activity and possibly a competing circuit championship down the line. I hope this doesn't come to that but only time will tell.

It depends a lot on how many shows you do each year. I agree with Chris Green that the trip would be a lot more worthwhile if there were two shows in that region on the same weekend... say Louisville and Nashville.

At this point all us new corps way out here in "drum corps neverland" have to do whatever we can to get to competitions. The Northeast corps have it good because there are shows almost every weekend. This will change some day soon.

I think this is a bad idea.

Super shows and distant touring runs up organizational expenses and ends up folding corps

done right, well planned, and well advertised can work tho. after all, these corps do come up here every year for finals. i agree some complaining about NC last year, travel wise was petty. But, IMO, organizationally, NC wasnt run well enough to make many people, fans and corps alike happy.

if you build it smart, they will come.