Help to name the "Co-ed Bandettes"

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the uniform style, which I think is great, how about The Scots?

Or.. if you need to keep the "B" -- how about The Bonny Scots? (I realize it could have "connotations" -- but historically and even within our own activity, it would be an acceptable name.. plus.. it'll sound good over a loud speaker :) )

Stef

so far my favorites have been Bandits, and Bravehearts.

~>conner

One thing I would like to point out is that the corps is going co-ed this year. I haven't seen anything about the corps STAYING co-ed. The tradition isn't officially dead, just restin'.

Beautiful plumage, the Norweigan Blue.

One thing I would like to point out is that the corps is going co-ed this year. I haven't seen anything about the corps STAYING co-ed. The tradition isn't officially dead, just restin'.

Beautiful plumage, the Norweigan Blue.

Kevin,

To be fair..

Do you honestly believe once they go co-ed, they'll ever go back?

Think about just the last four years -- how hard has it been for them to field just a minimum 30 member all-girl corps? Do you really believe that in a couple of years, they're going to say to any boys who've joined, "well, thanks for getting us back on our feet .. but you're not welcome here anymore..." ?? Really?

I think the tradition of all girl corps was always a good one.. particularly when there were other all-girl corps to compete against.. but in the recent past, this once excellent tradition has been reduced to a novelty.. nobody's fault.. it's just what it is..

Similarly, Mandarins eventually opened their membership to kids of non-asian descent, and have flourished as a result.. I think the same could happen for the Bandettes..

And I hope it does!!

Stef

keep it the same... The Bandettes is already an established name, don't change it....co-ed or not.

How about the Brayden Cadets. Brayden is a Celtic/Gaelic name meaning brave.

Brayden can also be an ancranym for:

B andettes

R ecreational

A nd

Y outh

D evolpement

E nsemble

N etwork

Kevin,

To be fair..

Do you honestly believe once they go co-ed, they'll ever go back?

Think about just the last four years -- how hard has it been for them to field just a minimum 30 member all-girl corps? Do you really believe that in a couple of years, they're going to say to any boys who've joined, "well, thanks for getting us back on our feet .. but you're not welcome here anymore..." ?? Really?

I think the tradition of all girl corps was always a good one.. particularly when there were other all-girl corps to compete against.. but in the recent past, this once excellent tradition has been reduced to a novelty.. nobody's fault.. it's just what it is..

Similarly, Mandarins eventually opened their membership to kids of non-asian descent, and have flourished as a result.. I think the same could happen for the Bandettes..

And I hope it does!!

Stef

Stef.

My brain knows that you're right but the old-school spirit of my grandparents wouldn't mind seeing the Bandettes return to the all-girl format which was a large part of their identity for so long.