Write an essay - Win DCI tickets

how 'bout a haiku? Does that qualify?
i am to lazy can't they just put peoples names in a hat and pick randomly

Perhaps we set the bar too high for this contest - requiring that people actually read the contest rules AND assigning a significant scoring-weight to "creativity" and quality of the writing. :huh: I didn't think this was too big a task - considering the nature of the prize.

Next time I may just award the prize to 'Caller Number 12' - however, that would require a person to actually check the DCP Front Page (www.drumcorpsplanet.com, rather than going directly to the forums) to have any chance of winning.

If no one wants to enter - that's OK with me ..... I'm sure I can find a use for the tickets.

-john

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um...i think you missed a bit of a joke in there john.

while it's not a contest i would enter at this, it is a great idea, and i expect you will get a ton of interest. but i do expect a few jokes here in the forums about it from the usual crowd of smart alecs

by the way, will an essay on amps suck be ok if i want to give the tickets to a friend?

:P

Perhaps we set the bar too high for this contest - requiring that people actually read the contest rules AND assigning a significant scoring-weight to "creativity" and quality of the writing. :huh: I didn't think this was too big a task - considering the nature of the prize.

Next time I may just award the prize to 'Caller Number 12' - however, that would require a person to actually check the DCP Front Page (www.drumcorpsplanet.com, rather than going directly to the forums) to have any chance of winning.

If no one wants to enter - that's OK with me ..... I'm sure I can find a use for the tickets.

-john

yikes...sorry... :huh:

I was an english major, however, so I'm sure the bar is just fine.

Maybe my 'humor quotient' IS a little low this evening. Perhaps Jeff was right. (uuuuugh - That's upsetting in itself)

No offense meant ...... GOOD LUCK all.

I'd REALLY like to award these tickets to someone that loves the activity and will enjoy watching the show with us in some GREAT seats.

-john

(I'll consider a haiku for the next go-around.)

As a creative writing major, I would be sort of disappointed in myself if I didn't enter. I use drum corps as a topic for pretty much every application I need to write, and they're all basically about this same topic (diversity, something that means a lot to you, the thing that you apply yourself moreso towards than anything else, etc.). I'll be at finals anyway, but might as well try and win the tickets anyway to save my parents money or something.

touring all summer

in turn you learn to enjoy

sleeping on the bus

why can't I go home

how can it be so hot in

Arkadelphia???

rookie talent night

not self depreciation

so where are my clothes?

adolescent kids

whoever thought we would love

free days in skokie?

i wrote these haikus

in case of a format change

people love to #####!

:)

Is anyone going to enter this?

Kudos to the new DCP management for doing things like this for the drum corps community! :huh:

Yeah John & DCP team - terrific job adding yet another way to make drum corps planet a fun and exciting destination on the internet. When in Madison I'll be sure to drop in on the contest winners and congratulate them personally! Hope you have many entries and that a true "drum corps nut" ends up snagging the tickets.

Again - great job! :huh: