Corps still using key G bugles

A-G

Shenandoah Sound is in the key of G with no plans for Bb as of right now, unless we get a humungous influx of horns.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to go pull my pants legs up after reading this one. b**bs

:sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh:

Well, think whatever you want, but the Blue Devils, Reading Buccaneers, and Minnessota Brass have proven otherwise.

The proof is in the sound.

I'm gonna have to disagree pretty vehemently on that one. Both playing-wise and in terms of construction and design, Kanstul has Dynasty beat. It's a shame they don't/can't offer the same financing that Dynasty does.

I'm gonna have to disagree pretty vehemently on that one. Both playing-wise and in terms of construction and design, Kanstul has Dynasty beat. It's a shame they don't/can't offer the same financing that Dynasty does.

Considering that every majpr improvement in brass has Zig's fingerprint all over them, I'll go with a Kanstul over Dynasty any day.

Re Kanstul not giving deals...i forgot who said it, but I heard he got burned one too many times by corps.

A shame...I'd LOVE tohave a matched Kanstul line.

Kanstul is probably better.

However, Dynasty has made a major jump in the quality of its horns in the last decade. Even before multi-key was passed, they redesigned most of the G horns and made some pretty vast improvements. And there's no doubt that they lead the pack when it comes to constantly updating and improving their product. They have a new prototype being tested almost every year.

There's no doubt that Dynasty still has some major issues to work out, but there's also no doubt in my mind that they are the most committed to improving their product. And to top it all off, they're cheap!

Edited by idontwan2know

Well, think whatever you want, but the Blue Devils, Reading Buccaneers, and Minnessota Brass have proven otherwise.

The proof is in the sound.

I'd say that the proof is in the player. A good player can make a bad horn sound good. Yes, I can make a Dynasty sound good, but do I want to?

I thought that RCR started on Bb instruments (first year, just starting out, using band instruments) and later purchased G bugles. Maybe that's it?

This is pretty much the time line:

2002 Bb

2003 Bb & G

2004 G & Bb

2005 New G & Bb

Yes they bought new G's last year. I got to hang out with some lead sops last year at the San Jose show and play around aon a couple of Dynasty 3 valvers that night and pop a few double C's, only to be showed-up by Roland who popped a few triple Bb's out of nowhere. That guy is sick.

Oh, sure. They are awesome horns.

Too bad they are disgustingly overprived. Most corps can't afford them. Heck, are there ANY corps using Kanstul Bb brass?

Dynasty has great quality for a great price. Kanstul doesn't.

Too bad they are disgustingly overprived. Most corps can't afford them. Heck, are there ANY corps using Kanstul Bb brass?

This is the one problem I see with Kanstul instruments. Otherwise, I think they're great. Unfortunately, this is a big problem to get over.

Oh, sure. They are awesome horns.

Dynasty has great quality for a great price. Kanstul doesn't.

The last time I compared the price of a 5/4 Kanstul contra to a 5/4 Dynasty, the Dynasty was almost twice as much. The only difference being, Dynasty will give discounts for bulk orders, while Kanstul won't. So, I'm going to have to disagree with that as well.

Edited by Dave