Corps still using key G bugles

A-G

Except for me, who insists on playing my 2 valve King ^0^ ^0^

Me to....last year at least. This year I may be moving to a Kanstul 3 valve just to minimize the intonation differances...but if it's a chouice between the King 2 valve and a DEG 3 valve....it'll be the King!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if I am right I think revolution is using G bugles.........we use G bugles too

That sounds about right.

Yamaha and Dy "nasty" are trying thier best to get everyone converted.

I predict in the next 5 years that DCA corps will follow the trend of DCI and convert over to B flat.

Yamaha sweetens the deal with drums, amps, etc. (one stop shop) :)

Dy-nasty has financing available (whoopeee...crummy horns AND interest!) :whistle:

Too bad King and Kanstul, the former leaders in marching brass, aren't more aggressive with financing, etc. B)

Unfortunately, G is dying a slow and painful death. Too bad cause it sounds better (intonation notwithstanding) b**bs

SoCal Dream in the Sr ranks. Renegades also.

River City Regiment wen Bb last year...

RCR is playing on all new G Dynasty horns except our contras are Bb. It was going to take an extra six months for Dynasty to make the G contras and we probably would not have had them for last season. :laugh:

We have no plans to go Bb...ever.

RCR is playing on all new G Dynasty horns except our contras are Bb. It was going to take an extra six months for Dynasty to make the G contras and we probably would not have had them for last season. :laugh:

White Sabers are on G bugles with no plans to change. It is supposed to be drum and BUGLE corps right?

Bologna

RCR is playing on all new G Dynasty horns except our contras are Bb. It was going to take an extra six months for Dynasty to make the G contras and we probably would not have had them for last season. :ph34r:

Really? I could've sworn you guys went with a new Bb line last year....glad to be proven wrong!

I think all Texas corps are on G horns, except for Austin Stars which is starting out on Bb's. With some talk of eventually buying G's. With all of these Kingsman alumni, Madison alumni, and other start ups, it's hard to find quality used G horns for a new corps.

And now that I have a Bb Deg Euph, I can honestly say it's intonation tendancies seem much better than the G version. Upon first impressions anyway, I'll need to eventually sit down with a tuner to verify. It's just so odd playing in Bb after nearly a decade of NOT playing in Bb. At least I wont have to transpose the tuba christmas music next year.

Carolina Gold is still in G.

As for the Dynasty Bb horns, from my experience with them at Reading last year I am incredibly happy with thier design and sound. The "Dynasty Bashing" is unfounded.

If I was equipping a corps with Bb horns, I'd go with Dynasty over any other manufacturer right now. They are the most onsistant from top to bottom.

The "Dynasty Bashing" is unfounded.

If I was equipping a corps with Bb horns, I'd go with Dynasty over any other manufacturer right now. They are the most onsistant from top to bottom.

I had to go pull my pants legs up after reading this one. b**bs

:sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: