New media

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that was the first time I had the chance to and hear the Spartans show from last year. Wicked cool stuff.

My II/III DVD and CDs come tomorrow. I haven't seen ANY II/III from last year so I can't wait!

My II/III DVD and CDs come tomorrow. I haven't seen ANY II/III from last year so I can't wait!

Post a review if you get the chance (and time)! Hope you enjoy the shows.

Div. II/III was awesome this year.

After watching Spartans' show (again) I see (again) why they crushed us in Vis. Perf. Individual. Their feet were a heck of a lot better than ours were.

That said... I don't think their visual program was that much harder (if any) than ours. I'm pretty sure we were on pretty much equal ground. And I still stand my opinion that our brass charts were a lot harder than theirs were.

Also, I still don't understand why the Spartans management told the corps that the Thursday night performance was the most important of the week. They were definitely putting it out there for the Thursday performance. I wonder if they had as much energy on Saturday or if they felt like they already had everything locked up.

Keep in mind that everything I just wrote was my (extremely biased) opinion. I hope I don't offend anyone (too much).

I like parentheses, by the way.

After watching Spartans' show (again) I see (again) why they crushed us in Vis. Perf. Individual. Their feet were a heck of a lot better than ours were.

That said... I don't think their visual program was that much harder (if any) than ours. I'm pretty sure we were on pretty much equal ground. And I still stand my opinion that our brass charts were a lot harder than theirs were.

Also, I still don't understand why the Spartans management told the corps that the Thursday night performance was the most important of the week. They were definitely putting it out there for the Thursday performance. I wonder if they had as much energy on Saturday or if they felt like they already had everything locked up.

Keep in mind that everything I just wrote was my (extremely biased) opinion. I hope I don't offend anyone (too much).

I actually have to agree. Watching the video, I was also impressed by how the Spartans carried themselves while marching. A lot of great upper body posture, snappy horn moves, and a general aura of tallness. Being short (5'4"), I know all about exuding an aura of tallness while marching. :P

:whistle: Yeah what he said

'cause early morning shows (even ones you call grand) are a waste. and it also happens to be the show at which they give out that most meaningful of awards, the disney.

Edited by acecannon