Americanos question....will they be on the field?

If a corps is denied access to the DCI schedule there are no chances for competiting. The only option available would be a lot of parades.

How about doing some DCA shows?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish the Americanos much success in returning to the field of competition this summer. What worries me, however, is the fact that they have been very quiet, too quiet, regarding this progess over the winter months. it will be very interesting to see what developes over the next few weeks.

When your not on the roster for DCI, there isn't much you can do. Starting over is the hardest step, but once we get on the field it will get better. I honestly don't see this topic as an issue, also a potiental member reading this might hesistate to join cuz of what he/she has read on this forum. So hopefully we can talk positive from now on. :)

I wish the Americanos much success in returning to the field of competition this summer. What worries me, however, is the fact that they have been very quiet, too quiet, regarding this progess over the winter months. it will be very interesting to see what developes over the next few weeks.

And being so quiet is very smart. "Speak softly..."

Better to keep quiet and just do your job. If you look at Canos' recruiting numbers, they are not doing so bad...better than other groups that are not "in trouble."

Linnie is a class act and I wish the organization all the best.

That is correct. Though we may have had some camps with low attendance, we do have the numbers. Things are coming together nicely. Our evaluation was postponed until the weekend of the 28th - 30th. It was postponed because there were a lot of school related activities going the same weekend, as originally scheduled. Look for some very interesting announcements in the next couple of days. Thanks for all the support.

Edited by CANOSDIRECTOR

If a corps is denied access to the DCI schedule there are no chances for competiting. The only option available would be a lot of parades.

Best of luck to the 'Canos! I've loved you guys/gals every year. I recall fondly '94 when you entertained us so well with the pit on a field stage and a corps of 28!

1994 was incredible! 28 people. They wouldn't even be allowed to compete in DCI with those numbers anymore.

But they could with DCA ;)

Best of Luck Canos, you have been missed

That is correct. Though we may have had some camps with low attendance, we do have the numbers. Things are coming together nicely. Our evaluation was postponed until the weekend of the 28th - 30th. It was postponed because there were a lot of school related activities going the same weekend, as originally scheduled. Look for some very interesting announcements in the next couple of days. Thanks for all the support.

I'm very glad to hear this, and look forward to seeing you guys return to the field this summer. Best of luck this summer.

Just out of curiosity, what equipment will be used? Were the busses, EQ Truck, and Kitchen Truck sold, or were will they all be in use this summer?

Best of luck