Great new DCI vid Clips!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They used to be so common! It is the most melodic instrument on the field...although it may not seem that way when some players abuse the baritone :P

I have been thinking about Celebration Overture..very full thick chords..meaty low brass parts..don't know how a contra line would do with it very nice tuba parts though written in 2 part harmony and there are just gorgeous trumpet and baritone solos. Now I am just rambling BRING BACK BARI SOLOS!

Bluecoats had two long ones, Madison had one I believe, and Cadets have had great ones (Michael Terry) the last few years.

[edit: After watching the Cadets clip, it further solidifies my strong belief that Cadets 89 in no way was a 5th place show.]

Being 5th, or 6th or 7th, doesn't mean you weren't good or very good; just maybe the other corps above you were even better!

Edited by shawn craig

1989 Cadets

Yeah, there were some performance issues all around. The show was so freakin hard, it's no wonder. I really think that show was ahead of its time from a design standpoint.

1990 Cavaliers

Really finding their groove as a legitimate contender. Great coordination of audio/visual. They use the whole field better than any other drum corps. Not to mention the back of the stadium to reflect sound when they turn backfield.

1991 Crossmen

Some cool stuff there. Really strong drumline. Love Metheny. Forgot how powerful the ending to that song was! So much fun.

1986 SkyRyders

Love Kerchner's brass arrangements. And they really explored some neat staging things with their color guard.

1984 Suncoast

Emotionally powerful. Though you had to really be there to see it live to "get" just how impactful the end of that song was.

I thought they chose poor clips for 1985 Troopers, 1987 VK, and 1988 Bluecoats.

love the cavies '90 clip. love that tune :)

Bluecoats had two long ones, Madison had one I believe, and Cadets have had great ones (Michael Terry) the last few years.

I am not talking about the petty 10 second ones that are done today. Ones that actually lead over the ensemble and carry the melody of the song.. like in '93 BD.. and I really love the duets, as seen on that Cavies clip or '89 Vanguard.

I am not talking about the petty 10 second ones that are done today. Ones that actually lead over the ensemble and carry the melody of the song.. like in '93 BD..

Or like in 05 Bluecoats?