Where is a good place to read RAMD?

Can anyone out there point me to a spot on the internet where one can read RAMD and the like? I used to read them all the time in college but have not been out there in years. I tried to run a Google search, but it seems like every link asks you to sign up for this or that before you can get access. I just want to read... is that so wrong? :peek:

Seriously, if anyone can point me to a good place to read those groups I would appreciate it. Please email me direction or send me a PM here as these posts get burried pretty quick.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ryan J

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone out there point me to a spot on the internet where one can read RAMD and the like? I used to read them all the time in college but have not been out there in years. I tried to run a Google search, but it seems like every link asks you to sign up for this or that before you can get access. I just want to read... is that so wrong? :peek:

Seriously, if anyone can point me to a good place to read those groups I would appreciate it. Please email me direction or send me a PM here as these posts get burried pretty quick.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ryan J

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.ma...ps?lnk=sg&hl=en

Be warned...it's a lot different than it used to be, although there are some nuggets of goodness in there every once in a while.

Yeah and bad timing Ryan. There are a group of trolls that do a drive by of RAMD once in a while. And a few days ago was once in a while.... :( Whadda friggin' mess......

Best place to read RAMD is the google archives.

No later than '01.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.ma...ps?lnk=sg&hl=en

IMO, this particular RAMD site iis a disgrace to the drum corps activity. Unfortunately it is plagued with a select few depraved individuals who demoralize and degrade this site with their vulgar language, sex talk and slanderous rants and accusations. Once in a great while there are some intelligent postings relevant to the acitivity it was meant for.

That's been a gradual deterioration, morganhill. And it's too bad, really, because RAMD is where I got started talking about drum corps with other people who love drum corps, and there were some wonderful discussions. In fact, a lot of the questions and issues we debate on DCP have already been discussed probably multiple times on RAMD, and a search through the Google will turn up those discussions and some of the really insightful answers people gave. So RAMD certainly isn't all bad. But I have to say that now I greatly prefer DCP, mainly because of the direction I saw RAMD heading in. The personal attacks seemed to be mounting, and they were displacing the constructive discussion I had come to enjoy there.

Which I think was the primary reason behind the creation of DCP. :)

Hate to say it but what has happened to RAMD, especially the last few months, has changed my mind to be for moderated news groups. I joined after RAMDs "Glory Days" and still found a lot of info that I never knew before. What made it intersting is a lot of it came from people who related it first hand. And you'd be surprised who many names from RAMD I recognize on DCP.

Now it's turned into the personal playground of a bunch of cross thread posting ####heads who post just to get a response form someone. Whadda bunch of losers.