Where is a good place to read RAMD?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, wow. It's as bad as I remember. And ######## is still there. Okay, I don't have to go back for another three years.

Truthfully, sometimes ramd...when on topic...can cut through a lot of the feel-good pap that sometimes can take over DCP. It's a double edged sword having a moderated forum... as well as an unmoderated one.

However, with the advent of what looks to be a plague of cross-forum trolls and people coming in to just rattle the Catherine Burr cage, it's not a pretty site there right now.

Hopefully, DCP can take more steps to archive posts...produce meaningful discussion (even if people get a little butt-hurt in the process) and continue to refine itself so ramd can be remembered as a vital part of the cyber drum corps discussion forum history, but one that's outlived its usefulness.

Hopefully, DCP can take more steps to archive posts...produce meaningful discussion (even if people get a little butt-hurt in the process) and continue to refine itself so ramd can be remembered as a vital part of the cyber drum corps discussion forum history, but one that's outlived its usefulness.

:rock:

Archiving thought: Gonna start a "What Happened to DC in the 60s" thread when I get back from vaction end of the month. Just too busy now to put together stray posts, stray thoughts and the "What the #### Happened to the Cities" class I took when I was on church council. LOT of good info on what really happened to a lot of corps and it's needed from time to time today. Will archive it on my PC (there's a scary thought) when it's needed in the future.

RAMD Usefulness thought: IMO, unmoderated or at least groups that allow any jerkface to post is an idea that has outlived it's usefullness.

OK - the church class didn't have #### in it's title but it should have. Most informative thing I did when I was coucil VP. (Man were we hard up for people to serve.)

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

RAMD, with killfiles is a beautiful thing. lots of older posters there putting up great pix and lots of educational stuff pertaining to the history of our activity.

IMO, this particular RAMD site iis a disgrace to the drum corps activity. Unfortunately it is plagued with a select few depraved individuals who demoralize and degrade this site with their vulgar language, sex talk and slanderous rants and accusations. Once in a great while there are some intelligent postings relevant to the acitivity it was meant for.

#### straight i hate those ####### ######## who post all that #### about ####### and all of their #### calling people ######## and ####ers.

:P

*sigh* Tried to look at RAMD this morning and first 20 threads appear to be from the cross posting ####### ###holes. Guess I'll just try to search once a week or so for stuff from the people who actually care about Drum Corps.... Ticks me off as RAMD helped me get back into doing corps and have met some of the good people there :grouphug: .....

RAMD is dead. What's going on there at this point is akin to a haunted house. IMHO.

Early days there were terrific - but the good days are ten years ago now - from 1993 on it started to go down hill / really got ugly in 1995 and then the nails started going into the coffin when certain current trolls started to turn up the later half of the 90's.

The trolls ruined it for the activity, so we founded DCP and the rest is history.

Going to read RAMD nowadays is like a bad car accident on the side of the road - you know you *shouldn't* look but sometimes you just can't help yourself. When you do - it's like "ew - why did I just look at that?"

Edited by George

####, given some of the topics here, you could say the same thing :P