DCA Venues?

I'm doing a bit of reasearch for the Fantasy senior corps schedule that we're trying to put together for DCPI, and I'm curious, what are the venues for DCA shows typically like? Are they local HS stadiums, local colleges, or other stadiums? Thanks.

I'm doing a bit of reasearch for the Fantasy senior corps schedule that we're trying to put together for DCPI, and I'm curious, what are the venues for DCA shows typically like? Are they local HS stadiums, local colleges, or other stadiums? Thanks.

Like the DCI venues, they are typically in hs stadiums, whether sponsored by a corps or local hs.

DCA contests include some classic sites that are historical, have unique ambiances and should be experienced realtime; e.g., Cumberland, MD (unfortunately, defunct); Clifton, NJ; Kenosha, WI; Woodstock, IL, with its quick parade (yep, gone); Waterbury, CT; Scranton, PA; Hershey and Harrisburg, PA; ... Many more.

DCA Championships: When in Scranton, when in Scranton, in Scranton, Scranton, the Lackawanna County Stadium is a minor league ballpark. In '96, it was another ballpark at Frontier "Faraway" Field, Rochester. The to-be-opened June 3 new soccer stadium, also in Rachacha, PAETEC Stadium, looks like it will be in-your-face fan-friendly.

Others can throw in lots more descriptions.

yes. DCA has a multitude of stadium types.

DCA contests include some classic sites that are historical, have unique ambiances and should be experienced realtime; . . . . Waterbury, CT; . . . .

can i ask what Waterbury had that could qualify as unique ambiance?? :worthy:

the showers i think were voted the grossest in DCA if that's what you're inferring. :lolhit:

can i ask what Waterbury had that could qualify as unique ambiance?? :worthy:

the showers i think were voted the grossest in DCA if that's what you're inferring. :lolhit:

I vote Kingston, NY, the worst drum corps showers. The showers are right at Dietz Stadium, and most of the corps end up in them simultaneously. The drains plug up and the shower area turns into a dirty swimming pool. Blechh!

Also, a strange addition to the ambiance occurred in 2004: some sort of flying ants (or termites, or whatever)! Ichhh!

Despite those "attractions", the turf and stands at Dietz Stadium are top notch. I especially like the long narrow drive where the busses park behind the field. All the corps get nice and cozy stuffed in there. Makes it easy to talk to your friends in the other corps, or you get to make new friends.

I also like the Hamilton Tigercats(?) CFL stadium in Hamilton, Ontario - even with the "55" yardline. From the field, you can get up close and personal with the fans, individually, if you like.