How Many Times Do You Wear Your Corps Jacket A Year?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear mine pretty regularly in the winter .. its a heavier jacket so thats when its more appropriate..

Its pretty neat.. I run into alot of former marchers.. from way back inthe day, some former kilties, but from some of the other chicago area corps as well quite regularly... and it starts a friendly conversation.. Im always amazed at hoe many odl marchers tehre are in northern illinois.

I guess im a drumcorps geek for it.. but im proud to wear it when i can.

I ware mine when i ride my cycle... and when I go to the gardens at night, (i work at Busch Gardens Tampa) you'd be suprised how many times i get into conversations with folks about drum corps with that jacket on. then again when i'm life guarding over at Adventure Island i got the crown logo tattooed on my back so i don't have to ware my jacket

My Bayou City Blues jacket is a windbreaker, so it is really good for these mild winters we have in Houston. Still, I would go with less that 50 (cause it's a big number). I actually got stopped by a guy in a restaurant who marched in the Bleu Raiders and we had a drum corps conversation on the spot. Always neat who you will (and can) meet at any given time.

A former marching member of the late 80's Bluecoats has passed along his member jacket for my daughter to carry along on the caravan and connexus tours, a gesture that means alot to both of them. A reminder of those that have been there before, and the effort that has made her experience possible. By the sounds of things here might be something for others to consider doing. The retro style is all the rage.

That is so cool.

So I was gonna wear my shiny, blue, patch laden, poly-blend-o-something, 92/93 Bluecoats member jacket to finals in Madison.

Am I a giant nerd? (for that reason - not all the other reasons)

Edited by bartyount

This is kinda interesting thread----although i aged out before dci came to be ---i still have an old corp jacket---doesnt fit but i got it ---anyway----what i find interesting is -----how wearing corp jackets, shirts or whatever-------so often leads to a -----drum corp encounter-------as i said ----i aged out long ago ---so----these days i am a still pretty young ---retired guy----laid back and still addicted to drum corp-----my usual daily attire almost always includes a drum corp shirt ---sweat shirt or both---hey i gotta wear clothes and i may as well support drum corp and not tommy hilwhatever------it is incredible how often i am stopped by an alumnus of a corp whose logo i am wearing-----or many times someone that wants to know if i marched with so and so ---because they marched with --whoever----makes for lots of drum corp moments-----and after you are way to old----ya dont get many of them. :rock:

So I was gonna wear my shiny, blue, patch laden, poly-blend-o-something, 92/93 Bluecoats member jacket to finals in Madison.

Am I a giant nerd? (for that reason - not all the other reasons)

I think that at Finals, normal rules don't apply. If you have a corps jacket and are attending Finals, you should wear it.

I have a good drumming pal who traveled to Madison in 02' wore his Zildian sweat pants, Dynasty T-shirt, SCV Jacket and Championship rings around his neck, not to mention his alumni hat. He was treated like a rock star in the Madison airport and hotel.

Mom :rolleyes: