Best VANGUARD!

Best Vanguard show 99

Best Vanguard yell 99

Answers the question either way it was intended :laugh:

The Vanguard yell of 99 will always stick out in my mind, it just fit so well with the music that year. It couldn't have been written in any better than that in my opinion. Ties for my all time favorite show with Cavies 2000

Edited by gottalovit

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta go...

SCV 99

I'll have to say 2000

Although '99 was friggin sweet - the guard just didn't do it for me. 2000 though - wow what a show!

Later,

Mike

Yes, I think the original poster's intent was indeed to find out what everybody believed to be the best "VANGUARD" yell, not the best Vanguard show.

That having been said, I believe the SCV design team has always denied writing in silences for the VANGUARD yell. However, I believe it was in 2004 that they admitted to designing a moment specifically for the crowd to yell VANGUARD, which is perhaps why it had what I believe to be one of the greatest effects in VANGUARD yell history.

I don't know, 99's is pretty quiet. I never noticed it for a long time. And the musical moment that follows it is a bit of a letdown.

05 was pretty loud. I was walking along the concourse trying to find a seat and made sure to stop and yell it. The people in front of me standing and watching were kind of surprised.

I would like to see this tradition end so the nice release and subsequent impact after the break can be heard by the audience instead of having to listen to a bunch of stupid loud screaming.

I would like to see this tradition end so the nice release and subsequent impact after the break can be heard by the audience instead of having to listen to a bunch of stupid loud screaming.

Wow....exactly how I felt about Yowza, airplanes, two types of drumspeak, and narration!!! :P