I'm sorry, but it has to be said

I think this is what happens when two corps achieve the same score in different seasons, thus creating....

....a tie

:lolhit:

I knew I hated ties!!! :P

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Blue Devils score a 99.20 with their Godfather show so we can end these monthly threads!!! :)

Agreed. Except replaced "Blue Devils" with "Phantom Regiment" and "Godfather" with "Faust."

:)

I knew I hated ties!!! :P

hahaha, you go hate your ties, i'm gonna go pack for move-in

see ya in WI

Yeah . . . what he said to Maedhros, regardless of how many smiley faces you put with it, is probably the d ouchebaggiest thing ever. EVER.

And anyone who says that the Cavaliers need to step up their level of physical demand cannot be taken seriously.

just to re-affirm.

... i'm gonna go pack for move-in

You win. :blink:

As does everyone else who will be putting a show on the field this summer. I can't wait to see the results. :)

Edited by Maedhros

Cadets seemed to have the guard as an afterthought visually

I'll have to disagree there... the chess match? the integration in mirrors? all the effects with the masks in kill bill and the dancing in machine?

just because they chose a mostly "unintegrated" style didn't make them an "afterthought." it's the style they chose

you want to see color guard as an after thought? don't look to the cadets 2005

Cavaliers '02 finished a distant third in Percussion. The Cadets '05 not only won all captions, but their 2005 finals performance marks the ONLY TIME in DCI finals history that one corps has swept every single solitary number given by every judge. This includes the sub-captions which add up to the 20 point captions from the 8 judges. This means one of two things: Cadets '05 were the most superior overall corps in DCI history... or the rest of the 2005 top 5 was the worst.

And the Cavaliers getting a .3 jump over BD in Guard in '02 is one of the worst judging decisions I've ever seen. It happened to give them a 20... and believe me, although I can see the amazing (and consistent) technical prowess of BD's guard, their style would never cause me to defend them (it's just not my type of guard.. I prefer the C's of DCI: Cavies, Cadets, Crown).

It was as though their 99.05 in semis gave the judges carte blanche to do whatever they wanted w/ the numbers (at least the guard judge). And believe me again: I'm on their side at least 99.15% of the time. :P

PS: Musically, Cavies were miles ahead in GE. And I know Jeff Mitchell posts here. And yes, JM, you were on the mark. <g>

Interesting factoids I never noticed...

Overall GE

Cavaliers - 39.9

Cadets - 39.8

Overall Visual

Cavaliers - 29.75

Cadets - 29.70

Overall Music

Cadets - 29.65

Cavaliers - 29.50

The Cadets had 4 perfect subcaptions (GE Vis Showmanship, GE Mus Repertoire, Ens Vis Composition, and Ens Mus Technique).

The Cavaliers had (at least) 6 perfect subcaptions (both GE Vis subcaptions, both Color Guard subcaptions, and both Ens Mus subcaptions). Depending on the breakdown of Jeff Mitchell's GE Mus subcaptions, which I do not have in front of me, that number could rise to 7.

I don't have anything to say about all of this, other than I just thought it was interesting. These are two terrific shows!

Edited by rut-roh

The Cavaliers had (at least) 6 perfect subcaptions (both GE Vis subcaptions, both Color Guard subcaptions, and both Ens Mus subcaptions). Depending on the breakdown of Jeff Mitchell's GE Mus subcaptions, which I do not have in front of me, that number could rise to 7.

19.90 in Music Effect---- to get that you need 9.90 & 10.00