Carolina Crown?

I didn't mention 2005. I disagree on the difference in 2004. Micced vocal WAS part of 2004 Crown...and they were roundly trashed by some here.

Yeah, but at the same time there were still the ridiculous Crown fans. I remember someone making a comment about how awesome Crown's feet were, to which I responded "If you look at their feet when they're facing backfield during Bohemian Rhapsody it was pretty dirty," to which this person responded "Yeah, but it was at the end of the show and they were marching 180 how dare you say their feet were bad blah blah blah blah you're wrong blah blah." I think it was bigdaddy; I'm pretty sure he's disappeared since then. Who knows who he is now?

My point is, there have always been people touting Crown on here as the best thing since sliced bread. I loved their 04 offering (minus the singing/poetry) and loved 05, but the ridiculous bias towards them some people on here have just bothers me, more so than with any other corps (except maybe Cadets or Cavies).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember someone making a comment about how awesome Crown's feet were, to which I responded "If you look at their feet when they're facing backfield during Bohemian Rhapsody it was pretty dirty,"

My point is, there have always been people touting Crown on here as the best thing since sliced bread. I loved their 04 offering (minus the singing/poetry) and loved 05, but the ridiculous bias towards them some people on here have just bothers me, more so than with any other corps (except maybe Cadets or Cavies).

Haha... amen to that first quote...

And for the second... exactly... Crown is getting better... a lot better... but they're not out of the woods yet. They certainly have all my support, but we have to continue to be realistic, especially during the off season. The only time I'll ever get on here and over-hype them MIGHT be after I see them at a show, and only then if they have grown leaps and bounds since last year (like they did from 04 to 05).

So in brief... Crown... yay... be realistic.

I happen to think its somewhat arrogant or elitist to keep what your playing from the fans, the public, and the community, I mean...you are a drum corps, just a drum corps, just like the Blue Devils, Pioneer, Crossmen...etc..etc...no better no worse. Keeping your repetoire a secret doesnt make you better, or more anticipated......... let go faculty, join the activity you are a part of. Wjht are you playing ? Keeping it a secret wont gain you a higher placement, or a lower placement, just cause frustration and resentment.

~G~

Ah yes, the great all knowing GMichael.

Why are you so bothered with a little mystery? I don't think it makes them better. I think it is great that for a change a corps repetoir isn't out there for anyone to create preconceived notions about how a show is going to look, sound, or be like.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

I'm not affiliated with Crown, but I have read their show synopsis, and the list of music being played. It helps to be married to a tour event partner (show promoter) who has access to their information for show programs.

But I have a couple of good friends on Crown's board, so out of respect for them, their secret is safe with me.

:)

in 2006, Crown is playing:

Bohemian Sousa Marches... With A Door.

Fran

Quite enlightening. After trudging through 7 pages, I've learned that CC will do well in brass because they've recruited Weird Al Yankovic to play "Fat" on a Bohemian sousaphone. I look forward to numerous viewings.

What difference does it make if they don't announce their show?

What did y'all do before the internet about finding out what a corps was playing? :music:

Geez...the season is almost here...just remember what it was like before discussion forums came along, really no corps Has to tell anybody anything if you want to get technical about it.... :music:

What did y'all do before the internet about finding out what a corps was playing? :music:

I posted an almost identical phrase on the "excited" thread at exactly the same time. (Cadets "Twilight Zone Music") :)

Yeah, but at the same time there were still the ridiculous Crown fans.

I can understand if the ". . . people on here. . . " are actual current Crown members, but if they're just Crown fans, that's pretty much what fans do, isn't it? They praise, encourage and yes, brag to others about their corps. I guess I wouldn't let it bother me. We all know everything will be decided on the field, not DCP. Is all this negativity toward Crown coming from a few people who are proud about their corps and brag a bit about Crown? If so, I don't believe I see reason for so much attention being paid to Crown fan postings. And no, I am not a Crown member or instructor and never have been nor do I have a friend or relative with Crown. Of course, most all of us have our favorites (mine are BD, Bluecoats, and Cadets, minus '05). Of course people are going to be "bias" toward the corps they're connected with. Nothing new under the sun here.

Edited by HISop